PDA

View Full Version : Advances in hydrophobic chemicals, detailing applications?

arack
09-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Guys, I just read a great article on water contact angles in my new issue of the Economist.Hopefully someone gets a coating or sealant down the road with these properties. That would be awesome!:Auto wax is about 90 degrees for the water contact angle. The article outlines some promising hyrdophobic chemicals with a much greater water contact angle.
:Monitor: Encouraging hydrophobia | The Economist (http://www.economist.com/node/21560978)

This begs the question, I wonder what the water contact angle is for Opti Coat, CQuartz, or some other long lasting sealants.

neat e34
09-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Check our neverwet.com
Super-hydrophobic coating with a claimed contact angle of 165-170 degrees. Some of their videos are absolutely amazing!
Not yet for sale to the public but should be soon

dan_s2k
09-07-2012, 10:48 PM
gtechniq exo is 110 degree if i'm right

Perfections
09-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Most coatings are around 110, but I'll tell you slide angle is also important in keeping your car free of water spots.

A-train
09-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Check our neverwet.com
Super-hydrophobic coating with a claimed contact angle of 165-170 degrees. Some of their videos are absolutely amazing!
Not yet for sale to the public but should be soon

I keep emailing them, mostly without a reply. The last word I got was summer of this year for a release date. Wish they would put it out already.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

neat e34
09-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I keep emailing them, mostly without a reply. The last word I got was summer of this year for a release date. Wish they would put it out already.

Yeah, I've been waiting a long time too & am wondering what the delay is...
Stuff looks magical! Thought someone on here must have heard about it!
If you hear anything definitive be sure to chuck up a thread...

A-train
09-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I've been waiting a long time too & am wondering what the delay is...
Stuff looks magical! Thought someone on here must have heard about it!
If you hear anything definitive be sure to chuck up a thread...

My initial thought was that some large company $$$ licensed the technology from them and you will be seeing it on North Face jackets or Gortex but Who knows.
I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.