PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 915, Over Klasse SG?

ShineMyCar
09-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Still working on getting the Klasse Combo on car before Winter. Would like to try some collinite 915 too for the extra shine / protection. I want to try both products figured I could use em both on same car.

Visiting Collinite website, it says 915 is not a cleaner or abrasive. Would this product be good on top of the Klasse Combo AIO - SG? I'm thinking twice a year for maximum shine, depth, and protection.

Will there be a noticable benefit in appearance / protection with 915 as a LSP over Klasse. Or is it a redundant waste of money.

Thanks

Rsurfer
09-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Still working on getting the Klasse Combo on car before Winter. Would like to try some collinite 915 too for the extra shine / protection. I want to try both products figured I could use em both on same car.

Visiting Collinite website, it says 915 is not a cleaner or abrasive. Would this product be good on top of the Klasse Combo AIO - SG? I'm thinking twice a year for maximum shine, depth, and protection.

Will there be a noticable benefit in appearance / protection with 915 as a LSP over Klasse. Or is it a redundant waste of money.

Thanks
The shine will come from the prep work (polishing) and not the lsp.

ShineMyCar
09-07-2012, 07:53 PM
The shine will come from the prep work (polishing) and not the lsp.

I'm not polishing. Paint is pretty shiny right now after a car wash. I'm just doing a clay bar, wash, AIO + SG ( 2 coats ), then < maybe > Collinite. No paint correction or machine work on the finish. Paint hasn't been waxed or detailed in years.

I have read that the Klasse SG doesn't have the lustre of some other newer products. That's why I was interested in the Collinite 915 on a dark blue paint. That and the extra protection for winter.

Rsurfer
09-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm not polishing. Paint is pretty shiny right now after a car wash. I'm just doing a clay bar, wash, AIO + SG ( 2 coats ), then < maybe > Collinite. No paint correction or machine work on the finish. Paint hasn't been waxed or detailed in years.

I have read that the Klasse SG doesn't have the lustre of some other newer products. That's why I was interested in the Collinite 915 on a dark blue paint. That and the extra protection for winter.

You say that the paint hasn't been waxed or detailed in years and it's dark blue. Take it out in full sun and inspect the paint. I would be very surprised if they were no swirls and marring.

SonOfOC
09-07-2012, 09:53 PM
You say that the paint hasn't been waxed or detailed in years and it's dark blue. Take it out in full sun and inspect the paint. I would be very surprised if they were no swirls and marring.

:iagree:No wax and detail in years and I guarantee there is plenty of swirls, marring, and lack of clarity. (Unless it sat in museum) Not to mention that when you clay it, you will likely induce more marring.

ShineMyCar
09-07-2012, 10:03 PM

I inspected the paint when washed the car last weekend. There are some very minor swirls a little roughness in the paint for the Clay Bar to smooth out. The car hasn't been run through any automatic car washes, so any minor scratches are from mother nature & a hand sponge & hand drying. I'm just choosing not to address them in my first detail.

When I get through the winter, I will consider adding a DA polisher to my arsenal and attempting a paint correction. That's more than I want to tackler right now. Today, I am just going to get a nice protection on before the Salty winter gets here. And I'd like it to look as good at possible under said parameters.

Focusing on learning some product, and hand car care technique over the next several months. I'll add more to my plate when I get those basics down to my liking.

umi000
09-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Back on topic, it will be perfectly fine to use 915 on top of KSG, as long as the KSG has already cured. I would consider adding a couple of layers of KSG though - I've read that it does a lot better that way.

BuckeyeR/T
09-10-2012, 07:21 AM
IMHO 915 lasts/protects as long as KSG by its self and looks better.