PDA

View Full Version : products for wheel well detailing

Pages : [1] 2

wangotango
09-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I see GG has a wheel well or undercarriage spray that seems to be pretty nice after a wheel well and exposed area has been cleaned or is now cleaner.

I've seen the video and I'm betting that a clean wheel well that's treated with that stuff looks great and is impressive to a customer.

Any other types of products available or is anyone creating that kind of product with something else?

As always, thank you.

Have an above-average weekend!!!!!

siberianrunner
09-07-2012, 06:35 PM
I've used Chemical Guys Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray. It does a nice job shining and darkening on smooth plastic but is not as noticeable on textured wheel well linings. Also used Megs rubber and vinyl protectant which produced similar results.

wangotango
09-07-2012, 10:16 PM
appreciate the effort siberianrunner, thanks!
will look into those products.

DaytonaJae
09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I've used the GG undercarriage spray as well as the one from Adam's. I like the Adam's one better because it smells like grapes while the GG smells like rubbing alcohol. Lol.

They both last the same amount of time - which is approximately 3 days or so before the gloss is gone. imo these sprays are basically for presentation right after a detail or at a show for display.

If you are doing a wheel off detail you can use tire dressings diluted and applied by hand.

On a side note, the Daytona speed master brush is great for cleaning the wells on a lowered car where the other brushes are too thick to fit between the fender and the tire.

wangotango
09-08-2012, 01:08 AM
xlnt daytonajae, tks!

I think you're right, the key is the immediate response, the real paint protection and such is where my focus is. A nice-looking (although be it somewhat temp) wheel well will show off a nice tire job and a great set of wheels that will last for awhile longer.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Since that aspect, that moment, will be fleeting...looking for the best value.

VISITOR
09-08-2012, 03:43 AM
just about any water based dressing will work, hyper dressing 3:1 works well and is economical when bought in the gallon size. if you need something in a pinch, AA tire foam does the trick too...

hoyt66
09-08-2012, 03:53 AM
[QUOTE=DaytonaJae;735326
On a side note, the Daytona speed master brush is great for cleaning the wells on a lowered car where the other brushes are too thick to fit between the fender and the tire.[/QUOTE]

Great idea here. I can't fit my wheel well brush in front of my front tire on my Challenger. I have a Daytona Speed Brush too. :doh:

primo spaghetti
09-08-2012, 09:09 AM
ive used all the products above and they do work well, however alot of them are greasy..

try sonus motor trim and coat. its nice and not greasy and lasts longer and does not attract dirt. also will last through a couple of regular washes.

PB's bold and bright is also good and cheap (2:1) which also is in the 3-5 day category.

Bunky
09-08-2012, 09:17 AM
I tried using Ultima Trim and it did seem to help extend the darkening effect in plastic lined wells. Even tire dressings work better than nothing and last longer than one would think.

flamed03vert
09-08-2012, 09:39 AM
I have always used the cheapest tire foam spray. None of the products are going to last there in the wheel wells so I just keep it cheap for that area

TroyScherer
09-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I know of someone that is doing a full detail on his car and will be using Dlux on the wheel wells.

ScottB
09-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I use a glossy aerosol tire spray for looks after cleaning with ARO and a stiff brush.

6supersport7
09-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Megs hyper dressing dilluted to a matte finish. A gallon of this will last a house of cars many years. Can be used for many different things. Good product.

PA DETAILER
09-08-2012, 11:11 AM
megs hyper dressing 4:1 in a spray bottle. SOWA. perfect for wheel wells. :xyxthumbs:

wangotango
09-08-2012, 12:07 PM
thanks for the info
gonna do some 15% off today and this helped