PDA

View Full Version : Comparing drying methods

Wayneezy
09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
In the past i used a sheepskin chamois towel. I have since switched to large MF drying towels. Is there any pros/cons for either. Just interested in opinions from anyone that has experience with both. Thanks guys

jjj
09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
I like MF's just for the simple fact that they trap particles vs dragging them accross paint. Less risk IMO. Plus you can change them out frequently during a wash..

Johny B
09-06-2012, 07:50 PM
I like MF's just for the simple fact that they trap particles vs dragging them accross paint. Less risk IMO. Plus you can change them out frequently during a wash..

+1

SON1C
09-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I dry with a mf drying towel, however I'd recommend drying with a blower

GaDetailDoc
09-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I just purchased a Metro Vacuum MB3CD Air force Master Blaster 8-HP blower. It is truly awesome. I was using a leaf blower, which I always found cumbersome though it did the job. My drying time has been drastically reduce. Both paint and glass just seem to gleam. No more water drips. Keep in mind that the Master Blaster is a bit pricey ($339.00).

len426
09-06-2012, 10:12 PM
I dry by blotting with the Guzzler HD followed by Ultima WW as a quick detailer. I find most MF towels don't absorb water as well as the HD. I have read the Mothers Ultra is just as good if not better than the HD. It's on my list of things to get.

I stopped using a chamois towel years ago. If you don't use blown air to dry blotting is the next best thing.

Bagua
09-06-2012, 10:18 PM
+1 for the Metro Vac, cuts drying time, no spots and no towels touch the paint. It is expensive but for me it's worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rcramie
09-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Found a old 4HP metro blaster in the junk pile at work plug it in still works I haven't tried it on a car yet.

Sent from my MB860 using AG Online

Wayneezy
09-07-2012, 12:42 AM
ya im holding off on the metro blower for now until i get a few more jobs. Then ill probably pick up that and a buffer at the same time. Ill continue to use MF towels for now though. Thanks for the input everyone.