PDA

View Full Version : Using M205 or Polish every 2 month.

Bigbull2984
09-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I have two acuras, my 2001 has a rock hard clear coat that Megs UC and yellow pad did almost nothing, then I have 2010 that is so soft, were I only need M205 and orange paint to do correction.

I live in a condo and I am stuck with Waterless wash and Rinseless. But overtime the waterless car leave marks in the clearcoat. Is it safe to use M205, Pinnacle Finishing Polish, or even Blackfire TpNS so often. My pad of choice for this would be LC white or LC HT Tangerine for this job.

KneeDragr
09-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I would worry about the clear coat doing that on a regular basis like that. Why not put a permanent coating on it to keep the scratches down?

ShaunD
09-06-2012, 01:56 PM
If you are getting enough scratches/swirls in a two month period to require polishing then I would look into changing something in your wash procedure. How often are you washing the car? Why don't you bring your WW stuff to a self-wash bay so you can at least remove the heavy stuff to mitigate swirls/scratches?...
Yes, over time the thinnest spot in your clear are getting thinner which especially on a soft Japanese clear coat can bring CC failure. I would live with the scratches for as long as you can, and possibly get some thickness readings done if you plan on continueing the same procedures you have in place right now.
Like stated, a permanent coating would be your best bet. As it is your are doing half the work to prep for a coating application every two months, so you might as well do something at least semi-permanent.

FUNX650
09-06-2012, 02:01 PM
I have two acuras, my 2001 has a rock hard clear coat that Megs UC and yellow pad did almost nothing, then I have 2010 that is so soft, were I only need M205 and orange paint to do correction.

I live in a condo and I am stuck with Waterless wash and Rinseless. But overtime the waterless car leave marks in the clearcoat. Is it safe to use M205, Pinnacle Finishing Polish, or even Blackfire TpNS so often. My pad of choice for this would be LC white or LC HT Tangerine for this job.

This is the first time that I've heard anyone state that:
water-less leaves marks in the clear-coat.

Thanks for your candor!

:)

Bob

Bigbull2984
09-06-2012, 02:10 PM
This is the first time that I've heard anyone state that:
water-less leaves marks in the clear-coat.

Thanks for your candor!

Bob

I don't know if you are agreeing with me or not.

loudog2
09-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I would go maybe menz 85RD. 205 is a little strong for every 2 months. How about a AIO or paint cleaner w/abrasives(dodo etc). I know what your saying. That not being able to fully wash and lather your car is contributing to swirls. Have your tried spraying down the car with ONR before using the waterless wash or rinseless wash? With a yard pump sprayer at HD or lowes.

FUNX650
09-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I don't know if you are agreeing with me or not.

I'm actually agreeing with you.
I never doubted for one second that your vehicle's
CC has markings from the WW/RW usage.

Also...I'm saying that I've never seen anyone else report this
happening, and I appreciate your honesty in doing so.

BTW... What is/are the name(s) of your waterless/rinseless products?
I don't want to use anything that has caused the problems you're facing.

Bob

Bigbull2984
09-06-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm actually agreeing with you.
I never doubted for one second that your vehicle's
CC has markings from the WW/RW usage.

Also...I'm saying that I've never seen anyone else report this
happening, and I appreciate your honesty in doing so.

BTW... What is/are the name(s) of your waterless/rinseless products?
I don't want to use anything that has caused the problems you're facing.

Bob

THanks Man:props:
The first waterless I used was BF, works great but I wasn't using enough. So I will take fault on that.

I just started to use Ultima and due to cost saving I now drench the panels. And check the towels often, just one grain of sand can mess up a perfect finish.

Bigbull2984
09-06-2012, 08:35 PM
I would go maybe menz 85RD. 205 is a little strong for every 2 months. How about a AIO or paint cleaner w/abrasives(dodo etc). I know what your saying. That not being able to fully wash and lather your car is contributing to swirls. Have your tried spraying down the car with ONR before using the waterless wash or rinseless wash? With a yard pump sprayer at HD or lowes.

Drenching the panel has helped a lot, I was reading some archived threads and to safely clean the car you need 20+ ozs and a dozen MFs. Next weekend I am going to use a AIO (BFtpns) and see how much it takes out and then maintain for a month and report back.

FUNX650
09-06-2012, 08:44 PM
THanks Man:props:
The first waterless I used was BF, works great but I wasn't using enough. So I will take fault on that.

I just started to use Ultima and due to cost saving I now drench the panels. And check the towels often, just one grain of sand can mess up a perfect finish.

Thanks for supplying your products' names!

It's so ironic that: perfected CC paint...has to so suffer
from just one iota of a contaminate.

Even when doing a Grit Gard-ed, Two-bucket car wash session...
One has to check their wash media often for imbedded particles.

I wish you nothing but: Good Luck!...in the
furtherance of maintaining your vehicle's appearance.

Bob

Bigbull2984
09-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks for supplying your products' names!

It's so ironic that: perfected CC paint...has to so suffer
from just one iota of a contaminate.

Even when doing a Grit Gard-ed, Two-bucket car wash session...
One has to check their wash media often for imbedded particles.

I wish you nothing but: Good Luck!...in the
furtherance of maintaining your vehicle's appearance.

Bob

What scares me is this is my Blacks cars first winter In WV, I am from FL so never worried about snow Im the MAN.

How do you "safely" scrap snow :(