PDA

View Full Version : Steam Cleaners, Replacement

spitshine1
09-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi All,
Well my "Little Green Machine" by Bissle. Bit the Dust!.
No suction!.

So, its time for a new machine any suggestions?
I would like to keep the unit small and potable, i use the machine for spot cleaning in the house. I am a college student so i have to work with a budget.
Thanks again for everyones help!

sahrcar
09-06-2012, 01:46 PM
For cheap and portable I've always been well please using the McCulloch MC1275. I got mine off of ebay for just $65! It died on me after a year (prob because it got run over twice oops!) but when it did die the company gave me a brand new one for free. All I had to do to get the replacement from McCulloch was to cut the power cord showing that the original unit was fully defective and then they shipped out a brand new unit to me! Awesome customer service from the company. The unit as a whole held up pretty good for me and I still use it today. The steam heats up in about 10 minutes and last about 45 and Ive used the unit for everything from steam cleaning carpets in the house from pets, vehicles of course, dirty tile, wall paper removal, engine bays, and a few other things. Best bang for the buck on a budget Id say.

Setec Astronomy
09-08-2012, 06:26 AM
I don't think there is really anything comparable to that Bissell line of machines. You could try this, works a bit differently though: Vapamore MR-50 Portable Wet/ Dry Steam Vac, wet dry vacuum, steam cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/vapamore-mr-50-steam-vac.html)

PS The LGCM is an extractor, not a steam cleaner, so you're likely to get a lot of responses about steam cleaners, which may not help you, since they generally don't use suction, except for that Vapamore thing above)

ScubaCougr
09-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Bissell has a new model that is a bit larger and higher powered than the LGM...look for the Lift Off, about $250. Bonus: it can be used inside the house like a regular cleaner to make it easier for the spouse/gf to say yes.

Setec Astronomy
09-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Bissell has a new model that is a bit larger and higher powered than the LGM...look for the Lift Off, about $250.

That's a floor scrubber with a wand (many are like that)...not sure you want to be dragging that whole thing around the car, although it will work.