PDA

View Full Version : Came out to this after work last night!

Pages : [1] 2

Klasse Act
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
So I'm walkin' out to my car about 9:15 p.m. last night and first noticed the windshield with a bunch of bird sheeet on it but then I quickly look at the hood.....UNHOLY SHEEEET! I made a pit stop at the quarter carwash where I rinsed it off and a couple of the spot took some close spraying to remove but the rest came off pretty easily. I had em' on the hood, the nose, fender, windshield and roof, check it out:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z170/KlasseAct/CR-Z%20pics%20and%20mods/IMG_20120905_212859.jpg

I used the soap, then the wax and finished with spot free rinse and drove home. This morning I ONR'd the car and applied a coat of BF midnight sun aerosol wax to the car afterwards, you can never be too safe and besides, I just got the can last Friday and wanted to use it again but this time properly:dblthumb2:

This is another reason why its good to have a good coat or two or 82 on your car, you never know when its going to happen or more importantly how long its going to sit on the car before you can take care of it!

MI Mike
09-06-2012, 09:28 AM
I refer to that bad bird that injested a blueberry/grape cocktail and immediately came down with the a bad case of bird diarrhea.

Glad that you were able to get everything off in time.

This can sort of show why a sacrificial layer is necessary to protect your investment, etc.

Shakabruddah808
09-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Good thing I always carry a gallon sized jug of distilled water in the trunk of my car, along with some MF's. Using a napkin or paper towel, I place it over the bird bomb, saturate just enough with distilled water, let stand a few minutes, and wash off. Gently blot dry. Works great!

ronki
09-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I had a problem like this, only mine is tougher, I put cleaner wax and LOTS and LOTS of elbow grease to remove them...

Klasse Act
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
...and my friends ask why so many coats, LOL! I must say that upon removal of the BFMS from my car after it sitting on it for an hour revealed a deep gloss that I haven't seen since the last time I used this product when I won a can of it monthes ago, nuba still has a place in the market afterall!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Setec Astronomy
09-06-2012, 10:50 AM
That berry stuff in the worst.

FUNX650
09-06-2012, 11:29 AM
This is another reason why its good to have a good coat or two or 82 on your car, you never know when its going to happen or more importantly how long its going to sit on the car before you can take care of it!

Glad you got all of this defiling defecation removed!! :props:

-I got to say that:

1.) Since bird doo-doo has the tendency to 'etch'...
"Wouldn't it be nice" ~ Beach Boys...to be able to actually measure how deep into your accumulative:
82 layers of LSP's...this particular episodic-bird-crapping actually penetrated.

2.) I wonder how many layers of LSP's your cleaning-processes removed, if any.

Keep up the good work (layering). I just might have to do likewise.

:)

Bob

Y2KSVT
09-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Someone here linked to another site about layering, and whether there was much benefit. Someone did some very extensive testing on whether adding additional layers really added thickness or not. What seemed to be the consensus was, that when applying additional coats, you're actually removing a little bit of the previous layer and not exactly adding a full 2nd coat.

Not trying to burst your bubble here, Roger, and I know this thread isn't about layering, but I think there's a slight misconception on whether having 82 layers of sealant/wax will actually do more than having 2, which seemed to be where the actual increase in LSP thickness stopped. I believe coatings are a different story as additional layers can add more thickness.

Regardless, glad to see your paint went unharmed! Reminds me of the bald eagles we saw at the Columbus Zoo last week. I had never seen one in person before and they had 3. The one lifted its tail and "squirted" what appeared to be about 8oz of what you had on your hood. Keep an eye out for our national bird!

Puckywuckums
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Looks like someone assasinated a Smurf!

Vegas Transplant
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Birds are the reson that I avoid parking under these:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1509/light_pole_image.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/49483)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1509/power_line_resize.png (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/49484)

Klasse Act
09-06-2012, 05:05 PM
No problem Y2K, our threads here go in different directions at times and something always good comes out of it too.

I would never say I've got 82 coats on but rather its how many times I've applied something to the car since I got it on Sept 10th 2011. I would like to think that any given time I've got a good 3 coats on, maybe more. I'm sure that when applying anything, no matter if its a cleaner/polish, sealant or nuba, that you do remove "a little something" but the gain from the coat afterwards is still worth it IMO.

This is just as much about my car looking its best as it is a way to unwind, something I wish I knew how to do all the time. Then there's the fact that the car is outside 24/7 and I drive 64 miles round trip to and from work everyday, would like to protect my biggest investment and hobby.

Not sure how long it was on there but I know this, it washed right off and left no etching and ofcoarse that coat of nuba got applied afterwards!

YNOT
09-07-2012, 11:40 AM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z170/KlasseAct/CR-Z%20pics%20and%20mods/IMG_20120905_212859.jpg[/SIZE]

I almost cried a little over this. I feel your pain. Glad it cleaned up pretty easily for ya.

FASTFRED
09-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Nice recovery Klasse Act :dblthumb2:

DblJG
09-07-2012, 01:45 PM
HOLY COW!!! That flock of birds must of tied into a bag of black licorice.

Klasse Act
09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys and yeah, it cleaned off and like I said the next day I ONR'd the car and applied a coat of BFMS and it was all good.