PDA

View Full Version : Hard and soft paint defects

faisal
09-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Hi Dear
Are removing defects and 1500 sanding marks in high Hard paint easier or in Soft paint?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AG Online

Shakabruddah808
09-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Dear
Are removing defects and 1500 sanding marks in high Hard paint easier or in Soft paint?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AG Online

Hi Dear? I hope you meant to say: "Hi there". But to answer your question, soft paint is MUCH easier to correct. Not sure on what type of polishing products you'd like to use, but as any pro would say, start off with the least aggressive approach first. Some pics of the defects and what you'd like/expect to accomplish would help out as well. Are you looking for perfection, or its "good enough for me"?

Poorboy's Pro Polish is versatile, IMO. The 'cut' is pad dependent, and you can mix-and-match pads to suit your needs. BFGEP is a good product to look at as well, since it's also pad dependent. It also contains a glazing agent, which will help conceal some minor imperfections. But it is considered a finishing polish, and thus will not get out the really deep defects.

When used with a white finishing pad, they will do a good job of cleaning the paint and ridding the finish of very minor scratches. Using orange or even yellow pads (these have more cut) would help with the more heavier defects. But with BFGEP, only up to a point.

Optimum's Hyper Polish Spray would be another great choice as well. It too is pad dependent and should serve your needs well.

Try white first. If that doesn't help, step up first to orange then yellow.