PDA

View Full Version : Best product to shine exterior trim? Thanks!

Brad33
09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Hello everyone,

Can anyone reccomed to me a good trim dressing? something that lasts a long time and thru rain storms weather etc. Provides a nice shine while maintaing it for awhile. I have used products before that when it rains it bleads onto the paint after the storm and trim looks streaky.

Also what is a good shine protectant to use to detail and shine the engine compartment same durability as in not wash away. Thanks guys!

DaveT435
09-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I used carpro perl. Seems to be pretty good. I've washed my car a couple times and it still looks great. No streaks. I can't tell you how long it will last...

stibuki
09-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Take a look at Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus. Excellent product!

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html)

Brad33
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Ok what did you use on the engine compartment?

stibuki
09-05-2012, 10:25 PM

As long as your not applying it to something that gets very hot the Ultima should work well.

Wayneezy
09-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Take a look at Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus. Excellent product!

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html)
Ultima TTG is the best buy far

Ok what did you use on the engine compartment? i had really good luck with Griots Engine Bay Dressing i love it

BillyJack
09-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Subscribed to hear some opinions.
I use and really like UTTG, but haven't tried PERL or Wolfgang ETS.

Bill

TroyScherer
09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
For exterior trim hands down the best option IMO is CarPro Dlux. It is a long life trim coating. I am have a review and am currently testing durability.

Link: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/54420-product-review-carpro-dlux.html

If you want t trim dressing the reach for UTTG. It is the lost last trim dressing I have found, and it doesn’t wash away in the rain. You can also use UTTG on your engine bay plastics.

DaveT435
09-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Subscribed to hear some opinions.
I use and really like UTTG, but haven't tried PERL or Wolfgang ETS.

Bill
I'll try to keep you posted on the durability of the perl also...unless someone else has this info already. While on the subject of trim...what is the best to return it to it's original color?? My daughters black trim around the wipers is now a light gray...

jjj
09-06-2012, 07:17 PM

One thing that I have used is a foam tire shine. Most have lubes that won't dry out compartments and some things need grease in the engine. No covering, spray on let sit for few minutes and wipe. You may use a couple of MF but works great with a good shine, no fake used car shine.

jjj
09-06-2012, 07:19 PM
painted metal frame of hood and engine frame used paste wax, souveran nice and great wowo