PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about while Detailing..

Pages : [1] 2 3

WaxOnWaxOffNoob
09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I think I'd want to listen to music and just lose myself in the work I am doing...

What do you guys think of or do while detailing.. Please share..

AutowerxDetailing
09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Here is my typical thought process:

Wash, wash, wash, polish, polish, polish, nacho burrito, wash, wash, wash, regret nacho burrito, clean up, $$$.

stibuki
09-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Here is my typical thought process:

Wash, wash, wash, polish, polish, polish, nacho burrito, wash, wash, wash, regret nacho burrito, clean up, $$$.

Nacho Burrito, be careful Nicholas that could require a full blown interior detail ;)

Ridebyshootings
09-06-2012, 04:49 AM
cooler weather!

lawrenceSA
09-06-2012, 04:53 AM
I put on some music and get lost in what I am doing. Despite concentrating on the task at hand, I find it is an excellent opportunity to just 'let go' and I find my mind tends to deal with what it needs to during this time.

Seem to do a lot of 'deep' thinking while I am detailing.

I love the break it gives me from the hassles of every day life

Puckywuckums
09-06-2012, 05:45 AM
$%#%$ it's hot......Jays lost again......$@%^&* it's hot........need a beer........&*@^&^* don't have any........^$%%@&^ it's hot..........

lokerola
09-06-2012, 06:33 AM
I want a garage....I want a garage....

Puckywuckums
09-06-2012, 07:09 AM

I explained to someone that I find it very therapeutic. They didn't understand.

Zed man
09-06-2012, 07:28 AM
I find it is an excellent opportunity to just 'let go' and I find my mind tends to deal with what it needs to during this time.

Seem to do a lot of 'deep' thinking while I am detailing.

Absolutely true, I could not agree more. It's kind of like by concentrating so hard on the task I'm doing it frees up my mind to the focus on the things I need to think about.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using AG Online

pixelmonkey
09-06-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13451&stc=1&d=1346934325
it's all about the profit.

things that run through my head...
- a hot water extractor would really come in handy here
- a larger garage would really come in handy here
- a dry ice blaster would really come in handy here
- a car lift would really come in handy here
- did i buy a lotto ticket for tonight's drawing?
- did i eat lunch?
- i dont remember eating breakfast
- what time is it?
- o crap! better go buy a lotto ticket before it's too late

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

mnguyec
09-06-2012, 07:37 AM
When using the DA, I think I want the rotary. When using the rotary, I want to switch to a DA. Maybe my head is telling me to get the flex :)

Agree with everyone that it is very relaxing!!

But honestly the only thing that runs through my mind lately is that I need some stronger mosquitoes repellant

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

master detailer
09-06-2012, 08:08 AM
about time how long I have been on this job.What time is it ? How long it will be till I am done. What the next job is how long it will take.Where the hell are my workers.I am going to put there cell phones in the trash.lol

Shakabruddah808
09-06-2012, 09:44 AM
What do I think about? There's a car load of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders driving by and they stop, get out, and 'ooh' and 'ahh' over my beautiful car's finish. But that's more like a fantasy. LOL

What do I really think about? How much faster and easier this polishing and waxing/sealing job would be if I had a DA.

:D

BillyJack
09-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Only two thoughts dominate my feeble brain:
1) Get it right
2) Get it done

Bill

AutowerxDetailing
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM
about time how long I have been on this job.What time is it ? How long it will be till I am done. What the next job is how long it will take.Where the hell are my workers.I am going to put there cell phones in the trash.lol

LOL I know how you feel. I ALWAYS feel like I am in a crunch for time when doing a client's vehicle. It is a completely different and more relaxing experience when I'm doing my own rides.