PDA

View Full Version : Question on removing wax

Pages : [1] 2

aklsufan
04-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Getting ready to use the pc for the first time but after watching the pinnacle cd I have a question. I have the pc with the ccs pads, wg orange cutting pads and will be using the xmt light swirl remover kit and the the pinnacle liquid souveran wax. The question I have is the video showed bonnetts being used to remove the wax, I did not order any so can I use a microfiber to remove the wax? and what bonnets do you suggest I get for my next order?

ltoman
04-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Of course you can use a microfiber to remove wax! Just make sure it is a nice plush one and you remove all tags. As for bonnets, I do not know as I personally do not use them.
Best of luck to you, and have fun! Be sure to share your before and afters!
Lauren

Bags
04-15-2007, 03:20 AM
I think very few people use the bonnets. MOst put thier last step products on by hand and wipe them off with MF towels. I have 2 bonnets and have yet to use them.

sparkie
04-15-2007, 05:32 AM
I think very few people use the bonnets. MOst put thier last step products on by hand and wipe them off with MF towels. I have 2 bonnets and have yet to use them.
^^^^^yep^^^^^^I agree!

BILL
04-15-2007, 08:03 AM
^^^^^yep^^^^^^I agree!

i have a bunch of them and used one once.........:o

yardie
04-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Use the cobra microfibers that came with the kit. I used the bonnets on my wife's car and they did a great job. BTW, I used the sheepskin pad with a bonnet over it.

Reddwarf
04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
The AG Cobra indigo mf is ideal for removing wax.

Nica
04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Use the cobra microfibers that came with the kit. I used the bonnets on my wife's car and they did a great job. BTW, I used the sheepskin pad with a bonnet over it.

I've done this too, works good but for some reason I still prefer doing it by hand..just personal preference I guess....but the bonnets do work.

aklsufan
04-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I was thinking using the bonnetts would reduce swirl marks from removing the wax being that the this is on a black car. I have some of the cobra mf that I will use and see how it goes. Thanks again

BILL
04-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I was thinking using the bonnetts would reduce swirl marks from removing the wax being that the this is on a black car. I have some of the cobra mf that I will use and see how it goes. Thanks again

I may be wrong ,but the swirling bonnets would raise my eyebrows........

i'd stay with the towels minus the labels........just my 2 cents....good luck.......:applause:

ScottB
04-15-2007, 05:46 PM
I never use the PC to remove wax, simply a good microfiber.

Reddwarf
04-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Would using a PC and a MF bonnet give a better shine with the buffing power?

aklsufan
04-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I did not have time to use the xmt today but I did wash, clay bar and use the liquid pinnacle wax. This is the cleanest and smoothest this car has ever felt, I can't wait till I get to try the xmt to get some of the swirls out. The cobra mf worked great on removing the wax and as everyone has said I see no need in using the bonnetts now the wax was very easy to remove with little effort.

BILL
04-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Would using a PC and a MF bonnet give a better shine with the buffing power?

DON'T THINK SO.......wax and sealer now are so easy to remove........and i get a easier not better shine with a M.F.towel....;)

HAN
04-16-2007, 02:52 PM
try misting your MF with water before wiping off your sealant/wax. For some reason, it makes the removal much easier.

Pete