PDA

View Full Version : brake dust and tires

svt13
09-05-2012, 02:54 PM
What is a good product to use on a 13 shelby for protecting rims from brake dust? And also for cleaning tires to keep it that black clean look?

I see armour all has a product for both but is there anything better out there?

Jaretr1
09-05-2012, 03:16 PM
For Rims, any good quality sealant or wax will protect the rims just like they will protect the paint. I use Collinite 845 or Meguiars Cleaner Wax on my rims. For the tires, I like Meguiars Endurance Spray. Its not very glossy and does last longer than other tire products I have tried without slinging or buildup.

The Moose
09-05-2012, 03:50 PM
What is a good product to use on a 13 shelby for protecting rims from brake dust? And also for cleaning tires to keep it that black clean look?

I see armour all has a product for both but is there anything better out there?

You only need to post this in one forum/sub-forum. I see it in 3 right now. I know you're anxious to clean up your car, but the mods will likely be deleting 2 of these.

Welcome to the forum though, and congrats on your 13 Stang

FUNX650
09-05-2012, 04:19 PM
-What kind of calipers/pads does your 2013 Shelby have?

-You gotta be careful in selecting a wheel/tire cleaner for some of the latest technology/materials.

-So...To ensure no damage is otherwise inflicted,
I opt for either P21S/S100 wheel cleaners---they'll double up as a tire cleaner too!

Once everything is clean:
-I'll use WGDGPS on the calipers/wheels;
-303 AP, Lexol's VinylX, or Opti-Bond<<<(thanks VT) on the tires

Note:
I wait 'til my local HD dealerships have a sale to p/u some S100 when I'm running low on product.

Got any pics of your new ride?

:)

Bob

mhdena
09-05-2012, 04:25 PM
The best thing for me and brake dust was switching to Akebono Brake Pads!

Mercedes OEM pads are notorious for black brake dust.