PDA

View Full Version : XMT #2 Swirl Remover Question

Totoland Mach
05-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Okay Autogeek: I started to do a 996 black Porsche this afternoon and decided to use XMT #2 with a polishing pad. Washed & dried and put the car in the garage to get it out of the sun.

I started using #2 and wondered if I should let it "powder" like I do with Klasse AIO or Meg's DACP. I didn't let it powder and the surface had a haze which was difficult to remove.

Question: does XMT Swirl Removal product need to powder in order to work. I ended up using AIO, followed by XMT Carnuba Finish Glaze, followed by Wolfgant Deep Gloss Sealant. I've posted pics in my gallery of the results taken in the garage and will post more tomorrow in bright sun.

Totoland Mach

Neothin
05-19-2006, 09:35 PM
when doing meghan's truck and the g35 i did a while ago, xmt #2 didn't seem to do much of anything in the ways of polishing until it started to dust.

Totoland Mach
05-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks Neothin: that's probably what happened. I'll give it another try on another vehicle as this one is finished (6 hours on the paint).

Totoland Mach

ScottB
05-21-2006, 08:00 AM
yep, it sounds like the polish didnt have enough time to break down properly. Slow and steady, rushing polishes is not a good idea, more so on a black (dark) finish.