PDA

View Full Version : New Car

Pages : [1] 2

JBlue
03-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I purchased a 2006 Toyota Rav4 about 3 weeks ago and am anxious to "get at it." It's my first new car in several years. I've washed a couple of times thus far and the water beads up quite well so I'm not sure that I need to do very much. Does the manufacturer apply a sealant? I know sometimes the dealer does and tries to charge you for it, but this isn't the case here.

I'm tempted to apply Klasse aio and SG just so I know it's well protected. Any suggestions? BTW the color is white or Blizzard Pearl to be exact. TIA.

cwcad
03-05-2006, 08:59 PM
You have the products for a good program. Now impliment and apply. 'the sooner the better.

JeffW
03-05-2006, 09:39 PM
I purchased a 2006 Toyota Rav4 about 3 weeks ago and am anxious to "get at it." It's my first new car in several years. I've washed a couple of times thus far and the water beads up quite well so I'm not sure that I need to do very much. Does the manufacturer apply a sealant? I know sometimes the dealer does and tries to charge you for it, but this isn't the case here.

I'm tempted to apply Klasse aio and SG just so I know it's well protected. Any suggestions? BTW the color is white or Blizzard Pearl to be exact. TIA.

Congrats on the new car! This time last year I broke down and finally bought a new car after close to 20 years of only buying used cars. Your excitement to take car of your car sounds exactly like I felt after getting this new car...:D

Anyway, read the forums, do searches, and even give Matt or Jason a buzz and ask some questions as you feel the need. Being a noob 12 months ago, I was very overwhelmed with all the product choices, etc, and it was invaluable for me to bounce some ideas and get clarifications from the experts at AG. Now a days I still phone Jason whenever I order something and, inevitably, we chat about new products, using 'old' products in different ways, etc.

Anyway, you've got some good products already so have at it! The Klasse Twins are excellent products, however, after you get a few layers of KSG on the auto, you might want to top with a wax. Max Wax, IMO, will look great on top of KSG on your Pearl White finish ! (My Mom's Pontiac van is pearl white and last weekend I did the hood with UPC, DP Spray Sealant, followed by Max Wax and it is very, very sweet).

Sevenrd
03-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Just my opinion...

I'd run through a COMPLETE detail: Wash, clay, wash, pre-wax cleaner(or polish before-hand if needed), then either a synthtic sealant and/or carnuba wax.

It's the prep work that makes the difference.

BlkTac05
03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Dude.........you must feel the need to "bond" with your new bundle of joy!!! Do it buy hand.....it feels better! (lmao)

BlkTac05
03-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Just my opinion...

I'd run through a COMPLETE detail: Wash, clay, wash, pre-wax cleaner(or polish before-hand if needed), then either a synthtic sealant and/or carnuba wax.

It's the prep work that makes the difference.

Amen to that!! :D

I detailed the exterior of a coworkers white Altima using the following:
1) CG Maxi Suds Shampoo
2) Klasse All In One ( paint cleaner )
3) ClearKote Vanilla Moose ( glaze )
4) Finish Kare FX-100 ( sealant/glossifier )
5) Poorboy's natty's Blue ( yummy carnauba! )
6) QD'd with Finish Kare #425
It was nothing short of stunning. Infact it glowed! Plenty of flake "pop". Deep, rich, ultra wet, slick, reflective pool of whiteness! It was mouth watering! :cool:

JBlue
03-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Appreciate everyones input. The first nice weather day that I have a little free time I'll start the "bonding" process. :)

HyperBlueMini
03-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions for New car care. I also just purchased a new car and these suggestions will assist quite nicely. I have one problem that I have dealt with somewhat. I purchased a glass cleaner to clean super 'hardened' water spots. You actually have to polish the glass with this fine pumice product to get the stains off the glass. It is working but requires quite a lot of 'elbow grease' and several applications because the product warns you to only polish enought to get the stains off, then stop. While the glaze is on the glass you cannot see that you are getting the stain off. Any further suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

BlkTac05
03-07-2006, 09:27 PM
By hand, try #0000 steel wool while cleaning with your favorite glass cleaner. (must be #0000 or you'll scratch/mar your glass) If you have a PC or rotory buffer, you can use Vanilla Moose or ZPC to polish the glass. I beleive diamondite makes a quality glass cleaning system, although I've yet to try it.

ScottB
03-07-2006, 09:34 PM
guys ... everyone was new at detailing once, and most of our hobbist can truly make a car look beautiful with proper prep and protection. I urge each of you to take a newbie (sorry for the term), invite them over or meet them, and help them with hands on advice. You will be surprised at what you get in return .... a friendship is as valuable as a clean car. Autogeek offered Detailfest last year, and it was amazing at how there was something for everyone.

BlkTac05
03-07-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm flying in for next years Detailfest! (Unless you're coming to West Texas.lol)
Events like that are truely a cherished experience.

Benzmeister
03-15-2006, 03:23 PM

did my 450SLC, the avatar nex to my name and as some have suggested I use a wax to seal it. before I applied the wax I rinsed the car with cold water to seal the Klasse. Also, before I used the Klasse I used the pre cleaner all work well. As far as wax, always use a good Carnauba wax, I perfer liquid as I am 60 years old and have a bad back. I also use two rotary buffers, a 6' pad size porter cable and a 4's battery buffer for smaller sections of the car. The battery one I found out after I got it can use 6" pads also, I did try it on the hood and it worked well. The one I got came with an application pad a buffing pad and a wool polishing pad. I am now stuck on wool, I just need a tool to "fluff up the wool" that is when it is at its best.

naylorlanche
03-15-2006, 03:48 PM
hello jblue,by anychance are you a jblue 321 driver? Im a former indyair 319 driver without a job at the moment.thankful for my detailing business..

JBlue
03-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi back at you naylorlanche. Sorry, but I'm a different JBLUE. Hope your detailing business continues to go well.

chinablac
04-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I traded my 04 Explorer for an 06 white Explorer. I too am looking to "bond" w/ my Sasha but I don't have a clue about waxing and etc. Here in Pittsburgh it has been raining a lot and I was told that I needed to wax my car real soon. I don't mind waxing her but is there another way I can do it w/o killing myself and making a big mess? I also wanted to know if anyone can pleeeaaase tell me how I can get dye from rinse denim jeans out of my center console and door. I have leather seats and the dye came off w/o any problems but the vinyl part (center console and door) is giving me problems. I bought Meguire's and Lexol products to try to get the dye off but they only helped a little. What else can I do to protect the inside? Thanks a bunch in advance.