PDA

View Full Version : Foreign objects stuck in microfiber towels after washing

Darvetis
09-04-2012, 10:34 PM
So even after washing my microfiber towels, there are little pieces of leaves, grass and who knows what else still stuck in the nap (or is it called the weave, still get that mixed up...)

Anyways, I can pick a lot of it out with my fingers, but afraid I may miss something. Is there a tool/ brush I can use to remove foreign objects from the microfiber, without destroying the towel?

tuscarora dave
09-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Sorry to say, they're already destroyed. Cycle them down to engine bay work and buy new ones for paint finishing.

I've tried dog brushes in the past and lint rollers and once they're like that they'll always scratch polished paint.

I run a detailing business but I just buy 2 to 4 dozen new towels every few weeks to a month. I can't keep them in good shape for very long so I use laundered towels for everything except for final polishing/sealant wipe off, which I use the brand new ones for.

habeba86
09-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Sorry to say, they're already destroyed. Cycle them down to engine bay work and buy new ones for paint finishing.

I've tried dog brushes in the past and lint rollers and once they're like that they'll always scratch polished paint.

I run a detailing business but I just buy 2 to 4 dozen new towels every few weeks to a month. I can't keep them in good shape for very long so I use laundered towels for everything except for final polishing/sealant wipe off, which I use the brand new ones for.

Winner! Jst like clay, once I drop a towel.....it is no good for paint anymore.

Darvetis
09-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Aaaaaarrrgghhhh!!!