PDA

View Full Version : White stain spots on black trim.

Johny B
09-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi autogeeks,
Which is the best product to have them disappear for erver? C Quartz D Lux or Solution Finish both expensive products but if it works I'm ready to order.The trims are not faded at all just few annoying white stains. A member suggested to use a pink eraser like the ones used by students but it does not work.
Thanks and regards,
Johny.

SR99
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Nothing will work forever.
Do you have a photo you can post?

Is this by chance the vertical trim on the windshield? That seems to be an odd type of plastic on some cars these days, and doesn't respond to your average trim dressing like the rest of the trim on the car. It seem like the plastic "blooms" some white residue that are round spots, rather than being water spots. So they always come back over time.

Johny B
09-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Nothing will work forever.
Do you have a photo you can post?

Is this by chance the vertical trim on the windshield? That seems to be an odd type of plastic on some cars these days, and doesn't respond to your average trim dressing like the rest of the trim on the car. It seem like the plastic "blooms" some white residue that are round spots, rather than being water spots. So they always come back over time.

Hi SR99,
I don't have a photo. I have hidden the spots with ArmorAll but it is a temporary step. Should have rain tomorrow so the white stains will be visible again. The white spots are located on the long trim at the bottom of the doors starting from front of the car to the rear.However AG announces products that may set this issue(Products listed in first post)
Thanks
Johny