PDA

View Full Version : Carnuba Paste Wax: Who Still Uses It?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

swanicyouth
09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Just wondering, with coatings, WOWAs, sealants, hybrids, spray waxes, etc... Who out there is still using a carnuba paste wax? Who thinks they went the way if the dinosaur? Not looking for your favorite one, just if you use one or not - AND WHY?

Me: Yes. Still using on top of polymer sealants. Why? Although life span is limited, there is no fussiness like coatings, no shampoo restrictions like coatings, and I think a wax on top of a sealant protects better than the later alone ( and looks better). I think there is a lot of "new style" LSP products (coatings or sealants) trying to mimic some of the looks or properties of a high quality carnuba, so I'm just choosing to put up with more frequent application and use the real thing.

rider9195
09-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I still use them. Mainly to top over a sealant for that carnauba type look. Since I bought a tub a couple years ago, I don't see any problems with it and enjoy using them. I try to only use them on non daily driven cars when using them as a standalone product as their lifespan isn't incredibly long.

cleanmycorolla
09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I love using sealants, I love the protection and slickness of BFWD, Wolfgang etc....However, to me, there is no more fun than hand applying a nice nuba. I applied Chemical Guys 50/50 a bunch recently and theres nothing more fun....i dont know maybe I am weird, but hand waxing is kinda fun!

BobbyG
09-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I use it and always will......:dblthumb2:

chetmoseley
09-04-2012, 07:33 PM
just applied souveran over bfwd and klasse SG last night on mine and the fiances vehicles.

pcw25
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I still use it...I'm old school. I love picking up the jar and scrubbing the pad back and forth on the wax and then spreading it on the paint. Then when you buff it off, it looks awesome. I usually only use it for looks, but I still love it more than everything else. I'll take a jar of wax any day over paint sealants, coatings, etc etc. It also lasts longer (what I mean is you can get more applications out of it) than paint sealants or coatings.

oldgeek
09-04-2012, 07:36 PM
By a carnauba wax, do you mean pure wax with no polymers or any modern wax that contains carnauba?

lokerola
09-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Natty's blue paste wax. I use it because I bought a bunch on BOGO - ha ha! And it smells like bubble gum. And I like the process of applying it by hand and the nice glow it gives.

But I do have some WOWA on order - Pinnacle liquid wax. So who knows, once the Natty's runs out and I like the Pinnacle I may stick with WOWA....

I use Collinite 845 too, but it's sort of a mix of paste wax and WOWA.

D Hull
09-04-2012, 07:41 PM
There's somthing about hand rubbing some DoDo Juice on a hot summer's day with a tub of beer on ice near by.

jjj
09-04-2012, 07:44 PM
i will always use it. Love the way it looks and us it as a topper. The wettness is hard to get away from. The warm glow is unreal compareed to some synthetics. IMO some look plastic coated. My choices are souveran, SS2 and natty blue. Collinite 845 is choice for ist layer. nuba glaze in some cases, 845, then paste for finale.

FUNX650
09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I do.

For:
-Car-shows/cruise-ins.:cruisin:

-The 'little bit of protection' it offers. :dunno:

-My: "Eye-of-the-beholder"...perception. :coolgleam:

-A: 'Topper'<<< :rolleyes: Im the MAN

IMO...No: Carnuba must never die!!!
(A few Copernicia Prunifera/Cerifera) may have to, though. :( )

:)

Bob

TroyScherer
09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Paste wax is dead.....

Bigbull2984
09-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Sealants are so much easier to use, but I dont think I will ever replace BFMS or SSII. The wetness is just intoxicating:drool:.
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/dnd2984/DSC00937.jpg

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/dnd2984/DSC00930.jpg

ForceField
09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
^holy..! Is my screen melting or is that car... liquid?

As for nuba yes because I got 2 cans of DP max wax on bogo a few weeks ago.

ArkayoDeetayo
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
AG should just get rid of all their paste wax stock, clearance sale $0.05 each, or bogo @ $0.10 a piece, and only sell coatings now (aka new tech)