PDA

View Full Version : I broke my souveran lid!

chetmoseley
09-04-2012, 05:53 PM
any idea how i can get a replacement lid for my souveran jar. the FIRST application i dropped the lid and broke it. im awaiting an email from pinnacle and autogeek now.

PPLd
09-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Melt your wax and transfer it into an air tight container.

ScottB
09-04-2012, 06:16 PM
call Nick ...

Jaretr1
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Great wax, crappy container. I am sure AG will take care of you.

Hunter09
09-04-2012, 08:05 PM

What would be the best way to melt it down ?

The Moose
09-04-2012, 09:52 PM
put the whole container in a good zip lock bag for now till you get a new lid.

I too am a little confused by their container choice for such a nice wax.

swanicyouth
09-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Maybe you could go to a dollar store and look in their pharmacy / cosmetic aisle. I have a feeling that jar uses a standard size lid for a plastic cosmetic or ointment jar. I know from work, most of those style of jars have the same threads if they are the same diameter.

In fact, I have a jar here that once held hemorrhoid suppositories. It's called in the pharmacy business an "12 ounce ointment jar" . The one wax I have where the lid is the same diameter is my Vic's Red. The lids interchange perfectly. I also have a new Fuzion, that probably uses the same container as Souveran. It looks to me like a 16 or 20 oz ointment jar lid would fit perfectly.

I bought the hemorrhoid suppositories, not because my ass hurts, but because I needed the jar, as I wrecked the jar and lid that my Zymol Glasur came in. But, if you only need a lid, it shouldn't be too hard to find a cosmetic product that uses the same size lid. They are fairly standard.

If its the worse case scenario, you can order a new lid from somewhere like US Plastics. They sell all these jars and lids products like this go into. But if the container is ok, I would probably leave the wax in the original container.

Just keep the thing covered and air tight somehow until you find a replacement.

Good luck

swanicyouth
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Check it out as an example

Vic's Red with Surf Head hair gel lid:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/05/yzyrenat.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/05/egena4an.jpg

With ointment jar lid

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/05/a6a2u8at.jpg

umi000
09-05-2012, 03:48 AM
It broke? My Souveran lid is polypropylene plastic, which doesn't really seem the type to just crack and break (it's the same plastic that a lot of BPA-free baby bottles are now made of - a bit softer and more flexible - and those bottles can live through some abuse).

chetmoseley
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
yes it cracked and broke when it struck the ground. pinnacle said in an email they would be sending me a new lid! all they wanted was my order number from AG. no problem. i have it sealed off now, hopefully all will be well.

umi000
09-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Hmmm, I guess the lid had a defect or something. Anyway, good to know that AG i making it all right.

Harry Da Hamster
06-20-2013, 08:23 PM

Good job at recommending him to ruin his wax... Melting it will almost always change its characteristics depending on the method of heating, amount of heat used, and drying time.

For a more practical recommendation, why don't you just place the entire jar in a zip lock bag and suck the air out. Or tranfser the entire block to an appropriately sized tupperware or reused container.

hoyt66
06-20-2013, 08:26 PM
I broke my fuzion lid once. Vacuum sealed the jar with my food saver until I could get a replacement

Hazcat
06-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Exhuming old threads again.

hernandez.art13
06-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Good job at recommending him to ruin his wax... Melting it will almost always change its characteristics depending on the method of heating, amount of heat used, and drying time.

For a more practical recommendation, why don't you just place the entire jar in a zip lock bag and suck the air out. Or tranfser the entire block to an appropriately sized tupperware or reused container.

Wouldn't that only work if you had a Vacuum Seal?

Why not melt it like chocolate?