PDA

View Full Version : Staying cool?

Kinalyx
09-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Im really getting the itch to detail my car, but its just so unbarably hot in houston, i dont know how i could possibly do it. 10 minutes in my garage is more than enough to be completely covered in sweat, and i just don tthink i would get much done with the amount of breaks i would have to take to be safe.

Does anyone use any of the cooling vests or misting systems while working?

Im considering buying a cooling vest for detailing/yard work, but dont know how well they really work.

Shawn

Rafimos
09-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I have thought about getting one of these:
The IceTee - Cooling Shirts by The Ice Tee (http://www.theicetee.com/)

Kinalyx
09-05-2012, 07:08 AM
hmm, interesting, looks to be much easier to move around in than the vests, although, it doesnt come in my size....

Baconz2012
09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I just bought a couple of fans for my garage, and whenever I detail my car I usually like to wear moisture wicking shirts(golf polos/ athletic shirts). I live in the far western part of texas. So i feel your pain man.

piscott
09-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm in Louisiana...HOT. I bring my vehicles to a friend's house...it's raised and on Lake Pontchartrain. It's always breezy enough to remain cool and I work under the home in complete shade.

RTexasF
09-06-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm as far south as you can go in TX and during the summer my cars just stay dirty. It's too bloody hot to get anything done outside. I even hire someone to mow the yard.

Baconz2012
09-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I've never had the luxury of an air conditioned garage or detail shop. So i guess i just got used to the heat. Plus, if i ain't sweating then i know I'm doing it right haha

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2