PDA

View Full Version : Fellow detailers...what is your favorite part and least favorite part of the detail?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ReflectiveAuto
09-04-2012, 12:56 AM
I thought of this while I was doing the interior of the Mazda 3 because the black carpets grabbed everything and it was a pain the butt to get out the debrit,

RoadRageDetail
09-04-2012, 01:24 AM
I HATE Mazda carpets.

ReflectiveAuto
09-04-2012, 01:27 AM
I agree...next time I will charge extra cuz they suck.

c5errr
09-04-2012, 01:41 AM
my least favorite part of the detail is when i prepare for the detail from getting out the polishes compounds connect the pc to a converter then the plug because my country is 220 volt
plus when i polish an area then hit my geebas flashlight and still see scratches - if that happens i wipe a small area if it has scratch i continue to polish it for one or two sectionpass then i check again and so on

and my favoite part of the detail is when wipe the wax and see the shine and scratch free finish!

Old Tiger
09-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Best is paint polishing. Worst is interior windshield.

Becciasm
09-04-2012, 07:53 AM

:iagree:

Although still being relatively new, for me the best part about paint polishing is when you find the combination that works!

Mike Phillips
09-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Making the final wipe is my favorite...

Starting is my least favorite...

:D

BobbyG
09-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Favorite

Polishing - I get to use lots of cool tools and products :props:

Least
Cleaning up afterwards! http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/smilies/passout.gif

MikeAOK
09-04-2012, 08:00 AM

Couldn't agree more!! But hey it's part of the job 😉

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

tuscarora dave
09-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Same here.

Mike Phillips
09-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Good answer Jim...

Best is paint polishing.

Worst is interior windshield.

It does seem like the common theme across a very wide spectrum of detailers is our passion for polishing paint. That's what most of the talk is always about on detailing discussion forums. As I wrote in my how-to book,

"Taking a diamond in the rough and turning it into a glistening gemstone"

It's a lot of work but to have a nice car with a horrible looking finish just doesn't work. That means someone has to do the work to make it right and because paint is thin, the person doing the work as to do it right the first time and there's not always room to do the job right the second time.

Yeah and cleaning the inside front and back windows is never fun...

:)

FishyX
09-04-2012, 08:41 AM
I like the next morning when you go to get in your vehicle and your hand slips off the door handle because of the 5 coats of sealer you put on!

Mike McDonald
09-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Favorite - The results once you've polished and applied a wax of your choice.

Least favorite - Washing and drying the car. I hate it! Go figure

BWG707
09-04-2012, 10:49 AM
I have to agree, the worst would be cleaning interior windows, a close second would be wheel wells.

Morphiusrt
09-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Love polishing and customers reactions

Hate windows and windows (did I mention windows?)