PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Opti-Coat I just put on

ihaveacamaro
09-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey guys, I just put on Opticoat on my car. After application, I drove it out onto my driveway. It's been about an hour in direct sunlight at 80+ degrees and it's dry to the touch and not tacky at all anymore.

Questions:

1) Can I drive around town now or should I use another car?

2) In approximately 4 hours, I have to drive 120 miles today (most are freeway) so I know I will have lovebugs on my bumper. I normally take them off with Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover. Will this effect the Opti-Coat bonding?

Thanks for the help!

timaishu
09-03-2012, 12:48 PM
It is fine to take your car out to drive. As for the love bug issue, that I am not sure.

Old Tiger
09-03-2012, 01:23 PM
OC doesnt cure as fast as OG so I am not sure. I would avoid a strong solvent for a few days but that is just me. Try ONR to remove Love bugs first. OC wont let the guts bond like before. I recommend Ultima Waterless and a few MF in the car as well.

Twister
09-03-2012, 02:25 PM
You can drive around just fine. I wouldn't use any bug removed or strong soaps on it for several days. I would use ONR or UWW+ to clean the bugs off.

I OptiCoated my wheels and put them back on and drove after a couple hours and it has been just fine

ihaveacamaro
09-03-2012, 03:13 PM
OC doesnt cure as fast as OG so I am not sure. I would avoid a strong solvent for a few days but that is just me. Try ONR to remove Love bugs first. OC wont let the guts bond like before. I recommend Ultima Waterless and a few MF in the car as well.

You can drive around just fine. I wouldn't use any bug removed or strong soaps on it for several days. I would use ONR or UWW+ to clean the bugs off.

I OptiCoated my wheels and put them back on and drove after a couple hours and it has been just fine

Perfect, I have UWW+. Thanks guys for the info :xyxthumbs:

DaveT435
09-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I lost track of your other thread...did you end up getting the hyper compound working for you??

ihaveacamaro
09-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I lost track of your other thread...did you end up getting the hyper compound working for you??

I was using that on another car. I got it to work for me on my car but man it dusted really bad! Really weird, but I'm not sure what I did wrong, since I used the hyper polish the exact same way with zero dusting, so I just don't know.

Long story short, yeah got it to work :)