PDA

View Full Version : Machine Wax/Polish Removal

JAF06SE
09-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Who all does this and what do you use for it? Wool or MF? Bonnet or pad? Or do you buff by hand? I'm trying to decide whether I want to get some buffing bonnets for my 7424XP upon arrival. My local AZ carries the Shurhold DA along with some Shurhold pads and a really nice looking MF removal bonnet. It looks crazy as it has the MF fingers all over but has a nice moisture guard so you can put it right over your application pad and not worry about leftover product seeping through. Just wondered if I was being lazy or if other people use their DA for residue removal too. It's just so much faster lol.

BobbyG
09-03-2012, 07:55 AM
I apply most of my sealants and waxes with my dual action polisher. When it comes to buffing, a couple of soft microfiber towel and hand pressure is all I use...

kmsdetailing
09-03-2012, 11:17 AM
I only use hands to remove polishes and Waxes.

AutowerxDetailing
09-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I apply most of my sealants and waxes with my dual action polisher. When it comes to buffing, a couple of soft microfiber towel and hand pressure is all I use...

I only use hands to remove polishes and Waxes.

:iagree:

Every time I have tried buffing off by machine it seems like it takes me just as long as by hand and I feel that by hand is gentler anyway.

acsuppa
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
I've used my DA to remove wax a few times and it worked ok. I'd like to think it looked better then wiping it off by hand but I don't think so. It's quicker by hand anyway. Your still going to need to go over the whole vehicle by hand anyway to get the areas you missed. If your applying it very thin like you should, it comes off very easy with no real effort.

Eandras
09-24-2012, 08:51 PM
I remove polish by hand and buff wax with a microfiber bonnet.

Johny B
09-24-2012, 10:34 PM
I remove polish by hand and buff wax with a microfiber bonnet.

Same thing for me. I've tried to buff with my PC equiped with a MF bonnet which was flying out..... lost of time for sure.
Johny

ReflectiveAuto
09-25-2012, 01:39 AM
I apply by DA and remove my products with the brand new super thick and plush MF by Metropolitan Detail in Bellvue, WA.

Mike Phillips
09-25-2012, 07:28 AM
I show both techniques but always leave it up to individuals to decide what they like best.

I do meet people that like to remove waxes by machine using a microfiber bonnet over a stiff, foam pad on a PC style tool.

Personal preference.

:xyxthumbs:

DaC
09-25-2012, 08:33 AM
I've tried for 3 times already to apply or remove #885 with a DA machine.... it ain't gone well... a lot of the surface gets darker and not gloss.... anyway... I go over it re-waxing by hand and no problem... gone...

Just to be aware with it... some waxes might not like the heat that can be generated by the machine.... that's my guess...

I have yet to try DP Max Wax with a machine...

WDGPS 3.0 on the other hand I've never had a issue applying and removing by machine