PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Isaac has my car looking bad :(

chris.ganucheau
09-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I live in Laplace, La. My neighborhood was one of the many that flooded. Thankfully my house didnt flood but it got really close. We currently have two families living with us who lost there houses in the flood. I've been helping one of the families who's son I've been friends with since 2nd grade. We gutted his house today and I'm going to help cut a tree down tomorrow. It's still not letting me upload pictures.

habeba86
09-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Well im glad to here youre house is ok and thank you for helping out!! You are an amazing person for doing those things and dont get the praise you and alot of ppl deserve. Youre what makes this world wonderful, everyday ppl helping and caring!

piscott
09-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I hear you! And, know how you feel. I live in Slidell, LA. We didn't get it as bad as Laplace. Recovery is slow but you'll get there.

Scott

Flash Gordon
09-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Good for you stepping up helping your friend :thumbsup:

chris.ganucheau
09-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Thanks y'all, as soon as the waters started to rise my dad went and got our mud boat an went to the back an started rescuing people. He would bring them up to our house and then the police would come and pick them up an bring them to the shelter. Still waiting on entergy to get our power back on. This is a link to an article that has a picture of our street with my dad and brother running two boats. My dad is in the boat heading toward the back and my brother is in the boat right next to him with people in it heading to drop people off.

No Water, No Power Means Days of Misery for La. | U.S. | TIME.com (http://nation.time.com/2012/08/30/weakening-isaac-hovers-over-water-logged-louisiana/)

I look at it like this, we help others because we would like to think they would do the same for us if they could. Now I can't say that everyone in our neighborhood would do the same. I had one guy want to fight me because I told him to slow down because he was pushing a huge wake into other peoples houses. All I have to say to him is karma is a #####.

Flash Gordon
09-02-2012, 11:54 PM
That's a crazy pic man! Someone stop and check those mailboxes!!!

My house flooded out before so I know the pain. Do you guys need any help?

chris.ganucheau
09-03-2012, 01:38 PM
That's a crazy pic man! Someone stop and check those mailboxes!!!

My house flooded out before so I know the pain. Do you guys need any help?

Thankfully our house didn't have any damage. Just don't have power. Thanks for offering tho!