PDA

View Full Version : Is M105 More Aggressive Than Ultimate Compound

rweekley
09-02-2012, 04:18 PM
I've been fight this battle for a while. Last weekend, I put a coat of Megs Gold Class on top of NXT 2.0, which I applied a week earlier. But 2 days after applying the Gold Class, I noticed bird poop on my hood. So I broke out the QD and wiped it away, but noted the bird poop left some etching. I can't believe that I got etching after at most 2 days, even with 2 different coatings on top of my hood. So, I took out my GG, with an orange pad and some Ultimate Compound and buffed the 3 areas, but I can't get the etching out. I was just wondering if and how much more aggressive M105 is, when compared to Ult Compound? Because thinking about trying M105 to get rid of etching. Or any other ideas.
Thanks!

JAF06SE
09-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes it is more aggressive. I'm not sure how much more but it is.

Disciple
09-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Woah, hold on a minute. Ultimate Compound should be plenty to get rid of bird poo etchings. What speed are you using? Arm pressure? Arm speed? I ask this because I recently removed the worst marring and hazing with Ultimate Compound and a Hydro Cyan pad, speed 6 on a Councours 900 with heavy arm pressure and slow arm speed.

To answer the question: I've done a shed load of research on this exact topic over the last 2 weeks. I've looked at more than 5 automotive sites and read countless reviews and watched countless YouTube videos. From all my research, if it was on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a fine jewelling polish, and 10 being a hard cutting compound, M105 would be a 10, and Ultimate Compound would be an 8. So yes, M105 has more cut than Ultimate Compound, but stop and ask yourself if you really need to use it.

FUNX650
09-02-2012, 05:07 PM
The answer to your question, and other relative information applicable to it:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23583-aggressiveness-order-smat-products-might-surprise-you.html

Good read, IMO.

:)

Bob

mwoolfso
09-02-2012, 05:08 PM
the amount of etching depends on the type of bird that did the deed. some are more potent than others.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Danube
09-02-2012, 07:03 PM
105 is a bit more aggressive then UC but extremely hard to work with.

UC can be used by anyone, but not the 105 ..

/

KillaCam
09-02-2012, 08:39 PM
105 is really not bad to work with considering how good it cuts, but you need to use the Kevin Brown method, then you'll enjoy using it more.

Anthony Onorato
09-02-2012, 09:05 PM
105 is really not bad to work with considering how good it cuts, but you need to use the Kevin Brown method, then you'll enjoy using it more.

Literally was about to say this. A little qd or water can completely change your m105 experience.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2