PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Purchase an Ozone Generator

Pages : [1] 2

My Detailing Guys
09-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I've been getting alot of calls for odor removal here lately. So I think I'm going to get an Ozone Generator, but which one?

In my research I see they are not cheap, and they all claim to be the best! Does anyone have any suggestions on a good quality machine?

Also, How long does the Ozone Generator need to operate in the car to removal all the odors?

Thanks,
Greg

Joe@Superior Shine
09-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Search eBay for small brand new units. I bought one for less than $100 and it works perfectly every time!!

My Detailing Guys
09-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Good idea, didn't think about checking Ebay,

Thanks,
Greg

ShineTimeDetail
09-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Search eBay for small brand new units. I bought one for less than $100 and it works perfectly every time!!

Joe I can't figure out how to email you but can you tell me which generator you purchased?

Robert8194
09-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Odor Free has good machines and good warranty. The one that would work for cars is $279 and would probably take 15-20 minutes.

Flash Gordon
09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I was thinking of getting an ozone machine, but decided instead to just turn down any job where the customer only wants an odor removed. They always turn out to be waaaaaay more trouble then they're worth

In the rare case that I might need one, I can rent a machine for $40 and I don't have to worry about keeping up with another piece of equiptment

Flash Gordon
09-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Odor Free has good machines and good warranty. The one that would work for cars is $279 and would probably take 15-20 minutes.

Thats a pretty good deal (if it works) the ones I was pricing were upwards of $1,000

Flash Gordon
09-02-2012, 05:48 PM

$100?!?!? What is the thing stolen?!?!?!?

Flash Gordon
09-02-2012, 05:49 PM
The multi quote feature would've been a good option for me here :p

AutowerxDetailing
09-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I was thinking of getting an ozone machine, but decided instead to just turn down any job where the customer only wants an odor removed. They always turn out to be waaaaaay more trouble then they're worth

In the rare case that I might need one, I can rent a machine for $40 and I don't have to worry about keeping up with another piece of equiptment

That's exactly what I do. I also only allow "odor removal" as an add-on service with a full interior detail. I figure it's the only way I can guarantee the smell will be lessened or 100% eliminated.

Flash Gordon
09-02-2012, 05:54 PM
That's exactly what I do. I also only allow "odor removal" as an add-on service with a full interior detail. I figure it's the only way I can guarantee the smell will be lessened or 100% eliminated.

Yea, if a potential customer calls and the first thing they start talking about is a funky odor or stained carpet, that is my que to ask for their number, so I can never return their call ;)

AutowerxDetailing
09-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Yea, if a potential customer calls and the first thing they start talking about is a funky odor or stained carpet, that is my que to ask for their number, so I can never return their call ;)

:laughing:

Flash Gordon
09-02-2012, 05:59 PM
:laughing:

http://adamsforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bf-sunglasswinksmiley.gif

My Detailing Guys
09-02-2012, 06:01 PM

Odor Free was one of the brands I was checking out.
Thanks

ShineTimeDetail
09-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Good idea, didn't think about checking Ebay,

Thanks,
Greg

Every thing in the interior needs to be cleaned and all the carpeting needs to be steamed including the head liner. Then you can go about using something for the smell.