PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Purchase an Ozone Generator

Pages : 1 [2]

timaishu
09-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Every thing in the interior needs to be cleaned and all the carpeting needs to be steamed including the head liner. Then you can go about using something for the smell.

I dunno about that.

Who ever owned my car before I bought it was a heavy smoker. The car reaked so bad. But I liked the car, so I agreed to buy it if the dealer would get someone to remove the odor.

The next day they had a local detailer come down and they did it in 15-20 minutes using the machine only. He called it a "fogger", I have no idea if its the same as an ozone generator. Anyways, after the chemical smell went away(few days later), the smoke smell was 100% removed. Two years later, I took out my center console to change out my shifter, and I found a ton of cigarette ash. It had no odor.

ShineTimeDetail
09-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I dunno about that.

Who ever owned my car before I bought it was a heavy smoker. The car reaked so bad. But I liked the car, so I agreed to buy it if the dealer would get someone to remove the odor.

The next day they had a local detailer come down and they did it in 15-20 minutes using the machine only. He called it a "fogger", I have no idea if its the same as an ozone generator. Anyways, after the chemical smell went away(few days later), the smoke smell was 100% removed. Two years later, I took out my center console to change out my shifter, and I found a ton of cigarette ash. It had no odor.

Wow I figured with nicotine still on all the plastic and vinyl it would still smell.

timaishu
09-02-2012, 08:22 PM
They may have wiped down the interior. I dont remember to be honest. But I know for a fact they didn't use an extractor on anything because nothing was wet when I got inside.

ShineTimeDetail
09-02-2012, 08:38 PM
They may have wiped down the interior. I dont remember to be honest. But I know for a fact they didn't use an extractor on anything because nothing was wet when I got inside.

I bet the car was detailed before you ever saw the car.

Robert8194
09-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Thats a pretty good deal (if it works) the ones I was pricing were upwards of $1,000

I have a larger model and use it in the house. It is amazing.

Robert8194
09-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Odor Free was one of the brands I was checking out.
Thanks

They have a 30 day return I believe. If it doesn't work for you, send it back. I love mine. I actually have the large model because I wanted to use it in the basement to get rid of musty smells.

Kevin Cullen
09-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Just bought an one off eBay. Industrial model that does 3000 sq feet. Had a call from a local.dealership and they said they have had no luck with odor bombs. Who knows maybe they were using a hot water extraction and not steam for the cleaning. Have a buddy who's wife smokes in the garage and uses an ozonator and have never smelled smoke at his place.

oldmodman
09-19-2012, 09:04 PM
I bought one like this off E-bay several years ago when they actually had auctions. Now they are all buy it now.

OZONE GENERATOR NEW COMMERCIAL AIR PURIFIER CLEANER W 1 UV C TIMER ATLAS | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/OZONE-GENERATOR-NEW-COMMERCIAL-AIR-PURIFIER-CLEANER-W-1-UV-C-TIMER-ATLAS-/310354483283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4842919853)

Paid around $80.00 delivered. Works great. Even kills and removes the smell of really bad mold.