PDA

View Full Version : Both my Flex 3401's broke.

HiDefDetailer
09-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Both my main and spare Flex 3401's crapped out on me yesterday while doing paint correction job on a black Chrysler.
On my primary the trigger is stuck and on the other I'm pretty sure it's the cord. My primary Flex is right at a year old and should be still under warranty. The back-up Flex I had "rebuilt" after it died exactly one year ago.
I'm back to using my cyclos while I send the Flex's off for repair. Last time it took two weeks for the parts to come in. Hopes they'll be a faster turnaround time this time.
Anybody else have problems with your Flex 3401?

CEE DOG
09-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I've had no problems yet. Awfully strange they would break on the same day

ShineTimeDetail
09-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Mine broke 5 months after I bought it....I'm not sure what I think about there quality...And one of the guys at powerhouse is an asshole..no other work to describe him.

Danube
09-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Both my main and spare Flex 3401's crapped out on me yesterday while doing paint correction job on a black Chrysler.
On my primary the trigger is stuck and on the other I'm pretty sure it's the cord. My primary Flex is right at a year old and should be still under warranty. The back-up Flex I had "rebuilt" after it died exactly one year ago.
I'm back to using my cyclos while I send the Flex's off for repair. Last time it took two weeks for the parts to come in. Hopes they'll be a faster turnaround time this time.
Anybody else have problems with your Flex 3401?

Flex may break sometimes, but it doesn't happen so often .. actually you are the second or third person reporting Flex problems.

:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
09-02-2012, 06:35 PM
No problem with mine so far.....:props:

IID
09-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I have (3) FLEX's and so far after almost 2-years of moderate use ,not one issue to report here.

Sorry to hear he OP is having issues thou :(

Twister
09-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I've had a Flex for several years and I've never had an issue. It still works just as well as when I bought it

HiDefDetailer
09-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Since the 3401 is my go to tool, I do put some miles on them. I would guess that I probably use them on the high end but not excessive.
I've been using Flex for about 4 years and really didn't have problems until a year ago when the trigger, speed knob and cord connection broke. The best way to sum up the symptoms were that the tool would sputter and run intermittently.
Anyway I took it to the authorized repair depot in Dallas and it cost $200.00 to replace all the parts. While it was in the shop I bought a new Flex and it arrived the very same day I got the other from the shop. Insurance policy I guess. So the repaired one worked fine for all of 2-hours before it broke again. Took it back to the repair shop and pressed on with the new one.
Over the next year I had to replace both backing plates because the Velcro lost grip.
I love Flex 3401 and invested in them for their noted quality. But now I'm starting to rethink that. I'm a professional and I treat my tools with respect because that's how I make my money. And let me head off the "bad batch" theory. Both tools Have manufacturing dates of 4 year differences.

INMY01TA
05-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I ran over my Flex with my car in the driveway last weekend. Cracked the handel but my Flex still works fine. :dblthumb2:

sproketser
05-12-2013, 09:35 AM
I was looking for a Flex , hopefully the PE 14 s better , 2 on 2 s quite bad to me , hope I m wrong in here .