PDA

View Full Version : What to wash MF towels & Pads with?

ProDetail
09-02-2012, 10:16 AM
What is a safe way to wash your MF towels and foam pads if you don't have a dedicated cleaner?

JAF06SE
09-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Free and clear laundry soap. Any brand will work. Make sure there are no scents or dyes and put them in the dryer without any additive as well or hang dry.

Waxy
09-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Liquid laundry detergent works great.

SON1C
09-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Tide free and clear however you should check out a dedicated mf wash

ProDetail
09-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks guys, I normally do use a dedicated mf wash, just ran out of the wash lol

NYYYCEandEEEEZY
09-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm new here and not an expert on any of this, but I've read elsewhere on this site, just as has been suggested here already, that liquid laundry detergent in the washer works fine. I have been washing my recently purchased MF towels that way over the past week or so without a problem. The only caveat I have seen mentioned is to avoid the use of fabric softeners which I have done.

builthatch
09-03-2012, 12:22 PM
All Free Clear with the orange cap. not a bad product at all!

master detailer
09-03-2012, 12:30 PM
fill tub with water and liquid laundry detergent and i ad 1 cup of bleach then mix it up real good then ad mf foam and wool pads all at the same time been doing this for last 4 yrs. ps hang dry only and pads out side in the sun

Bigbull2984
09-03-2012, 01:29 PM
MF towels i use a dedicated wash, or free and clear.

For pads I tried the BF pad cleaner and its amazing, a little expensive but saves tons on time.

If I have the time I spray them with simply green, and rinse, and usually have to wash again with dawn.

builthatch
09-03-2012, 01:31 PM
All Free Clear with the orange cap. not a bad product at all!

but i still use micro restore and on occasion, for stains, shout.

oh i forgot to add that i use nothing more than dawn to clean my pads! works so well but then again i only use OPT products which are notoriously easy to clean out of pads. i don't even have any trouble with poli-seal because i use very little per application. a little goes a LONG way with poli-seal.