PDA

View Full Version : Da pads on white toyotas

CAMAROZL1
09-02-2012, 03:40 AM
Looking at the LC hydropads, from what I have read, toyota paint is a hard paint with little to no clear coat. I also heard the white in Toyota will eventually have patches. I'm looking to hit the white with WG though I'm not certain if hydropads will do the job. Is there anyone out there who can chime in and help a newbie thanks

mwoolfso
09-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Hmm.....in a general sense I always thought Toyota's had soft paint. Some models may not have any clear at all. As for the Hydrotech's, they will do the job.

I suggest you perform some additional research before you make a purchase. The key will be to lock-in a process (conceptually) before you purchase anything and then validate that process using one or more test spots before you go over the rest of your car. Good luck.

pcw25
09-02-2012, 07:33 AM
My camry's paint is rock hard, and is white. You're going to need something pretty aggressive to get out those "patches". Are these "patches" discoloration in the paint?

CAMAROZL1
09-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes. Thankfully, I don't have patches on either of my vehicles but I don't want to buy pads that can take out swirls on my vehicles or have them marring on my vehicles. I know I'll have to buy at least 3 pads of each type (compound, polish, and sealant).

cleanmycorolla
09-02-2012, 10:58 AM
black, red and white are all single stage paints on Toyota's.

Detail-Impressions
09-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I have single stage super white paint code 040. Super hard white paint. I used Opt. Microfiber, with DG 501 on my car. 2012 Camry SE.

jrs1418
09-02-2012, 12:13 PM
I've done about 5-6 chalky white Toyotas in the past few months. I dont like the DA MF system if this paint is heavily oxidized and will opt for foam pads to do the cutting and maybe MF pads to finish once most oxidation is off. The foam pads are easier to clean in between panels IMO, and your pads WILL need cleaning on these type of paints either every panel or every 1/2 panel. I didn't notice the paint being any harder or softer than any other mfgr's paints.

buddhadog
09-03-2012, 03:00 AM
I have a 2010 white toyota def has clear coat .Ibeleive they changed to clearcoat that year.