PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean microfiber DA pads?

cleanmycorolla
08-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Do you use a pad cleaner, or microfiber cleaner? I'm curious, just ordered some of the new lake county microfiber pads on sale, was curious about cleaning after usingFeed back please

Joe@Superior Shine
08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
The absolute best way is to put them on your machine (leave the machine off) and use compressed air to blast them clean. I point the stream of air at the edge and spin the pad with the air. Once it has reached a very fast RPM I slowly move the jet of air to the center of the pad. While on a job site and polishing (I am mobile and don't have air) I use a bug sponge to clean them. Hold the yellow type bug sponge (dry one) against the pad and turn the machine on. I have also washed them in a washing machine without any problems.

Old Tiger
08-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Washing Machine. I use compressed air and a pad brush when using. I will replace pads after a few panels.

rwright
08-31-2012, 10:15 PM
The new Lake Country pads clean super easy. While using them I clean the same exact way Joe does. After, I rinse them in warm water and have used both regular liquid hand soap and Dawn to clean them. They rinse clean so easily as well. Snappy Clean, diluted APC, or a washing machine all work as well. Don't get discouraged if they roll up a little if you toss them in the dryer.

Ron Atchison
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
I wash mine by hand now. I've thrown my OPT pads in the washer with no problem but had two new Megs pads fall apart in the washer after one use. They clean up so easily by hand theres not much reason IMO to beat them up in a machine. It's not fun to pull your new pad out of the machine with pieces hanging off.