PDA

View Full Version : What do you charge for Detailing?!

ExeAutoDetail
08-31-2012, 04:23 PM
What do other professional detailers charge for their packages??

I know that different areas of the country can support different price points. I am trying to figure out what different PROFESSIONAL detailers charge for production details, exotics cars, and show car details. Please indicate whether you are mobile or a fixed location. Also, do you give discounts for multiple vehicles, do you offer detailed washes (no wax, just a good wash), do you have an hourly rate?

I am very curious because I don't think I'm charging what my skill level deserves.

Steve Ferguson
Executive Auto Detailing
Houston, TX
Executive Auto Detailing Home (http://www.WorldClassShine.com)

Joe@Superior Shine
08-31-2012, 07:20 PM
My hourly rate is $75 no matter if I am doing a full blown paint correction or just dressing plastic valve stem caps.

ExeAutoDetail
09-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Are you mobile, shop, or combo?

My detailing rate is roughly $50/hr

I am trying to figure a good price for a detailed waterless wash, inside vacuum, Wipedown interior, wheels, tires, wheel wells. It takes me 1-1.5 hours for a wash.

I do mostly higher end vehicles. I wash about 5-15 cars a month for an exotic car dealer and wonder what other pros thought a good rate would be for that client.

Flash Gordon
09-01-2012, 09:52 AM
a) Combo

b) About the same

c) $50-$75 looks like what you will need to charge

d) Hard to make any money on a car wash alone unless the person who hires you realizes the time required to perform a quality wash. If they can't appreciate this; you will be better off w/out them

KJW Detailing
09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
My hourly rate is $75 no matter if I am doing a full blown paint correction or just dressing plastic valve stem caps.

Just out of curiosity, what what your per hour rate when you started. I would assume it would be difficult for someone beginning a detailing business that doesn't have an established clientele to charge 75$ per hr and be successful.

Similar to this topic, what % of an increase do you typically apply to larger vehicles?

Thanks, Kieran

LuckyDetailer
09-01-2012, 09:23 PM
My opinion is this is something that takes time to figure out. I can tell you what I charge per hour in my area (Southwest Florida) and that my not apply to your area. Things like your experience and competition are BIG factors.
So, to answer your question, sit down and figure what your expenses are and what you need to charge to make a living (comfortable, not luxurious. lol) As you gain experience and a good reputation, then you deserve to charge more and should. This is a business like any other. If you think of it as a business first, you'll do just fine!
Good Luck!!

ReflectiveAuto
09-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I do anywhere from $125 to $200 since I dont have any overhead plus I do everything myself. When Im big time I can hire employee's and bump my price up a tad.

rustytruck
09-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm mobile. I don't like doing just washes. I charge $30 for bigger vehicles. I would have a hard time getting $75 hr. My customers are usually home so they know how long I'm there.

A.P.A.D.
09-01-2012, 10:49 PM
what do you feel comfortable making per hour? do you have employees to have to pay? include that labor cost in your cost per hour.

be competitive for your area on pricing, but do not undersell yourself. i do not mind claiming to be higher priced then the other detailers in my town. i claim quality over quantity and "you get what you pay for".

in my area, i aim for anywhere between $35-50 and hr, but that depends on if i have someone helping me or not, condition of the vehicle, having to use special product, etc.

underlining principle: quality work at a fair price

gothamite302
09-04-2012, 11:59 PM
what do you feel comfortable making per hour? do you have employees to have to pay? include that labor cost in your cost per hour.

be competitive for your area on pricing, but do not undersell yourself. i do not mind claiming to be higher priced then the other detailers in my town. i claim quality over quantity and "you get what you pay for".

in my area, i aim for anywhere between $35-50 and hr, but that depends on if i have someone helping me or not, condition of the vehicle, having to use special product, etc.

underlining principle: quality work at a fair price

emailed you my layout for pricing but i agree with APAD: I claim quality and hav8ing someone who genuinely cares for the overall look of final finished job not just a one time customer. i want my customers to refer people to me so i go out of my way exceed expectations. im also just doing this on the side from home so it does impact price some

Puckywuckums
09-05-2012, 05:26 AM
I do anywhere from $125 to $200 since I dont have any overhead plus I do everything myself. When Im big time I can hire employee's and bump my price up a tad.

Same here.

And as I said before, the average person has no idea what goes into it so when you say $200 their head explodes. We're talking people that never wash their car.

I've done 4 paid jobs in that price range and word of mouth is spreading and I have at least 2-3 lined up over the next month.

Beavis
09-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Mine would be between $35-$50. Most of my calls are for what I call a basic detail which is Wash, Windows, Rims & Tires, Wheel Wells, Vacuum, Wipe down interior. This usually takes 1hr - 1.5hr depending on size of vehicle. Thats what my basics start at and everything goes up from there depending on what they want and need.

Klasse Act
09-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I do this on the side as a way to make extra money but my last 2 jobs broke down like this:

2002 S2K:

-ONR
-clay bar
-Meg's UC
-DG #101
-DG #111
-BFCS

Cost for this was $200 and I cleaned and dressed the tires, polished the wheels and cleaned the top as well.

I did a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon and did the following:

-ONR
-clay bar
-Meg's UC
-BFWD

I cleaned and dressed the tires and wheels here as well, price here was $150.

craz0boy
09-05-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm here in CC, Texas and my average is around $50-60 a hr sometimes more just depending what im doing.

Klasse Act
09-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm not slammin' anyone because the amounts you guys are posting in the area are either pro's and/or you have higher paying clients but my jobs recently broke down to about $29.00 per hour but then again I'm going by the quote I made. Maybe sometime down the road I'll be able to charge more but I wanna be a lot better than I am now before I do that, so for right now, I'm happy just getting work and getting my name out there.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online