PDA

View Full Version : Need some detail advice regarding pads and SSR

italpasta
04-13-2007, 06:08 PM
OK everyone I have been reading here a while, and I finally have an inquiry.

I want to fully detail my dark green car (ie get rid of swirls, bird crap stains etc)

Anyways I've been reading a lot, and here is what I want to do and use.

-Wash/Clay/Dry etc etc
-Use Porter Cable with orange lake country 6.5 pad and Poorboys SSR 2.5
-Use Porter Cable with white lake country 6.5 pad and Poorboys SSR 1
-Use Porter Cable with grey/black lake country 6.5 pad and Poorboys EX-P Sealant
-Finally, use P21S by hand

The car is a BMW 540i which has moderate swirls and some bird stains. I've searched the forum and I am getting mixed reviews whether to to spray the pads or not to. Final conclusion?

Is this a good pad choice/product choice? Any past experiences/suggestions/comments are plenty welcome.

Thanks! :)

supercharged
04-13-2007, 06:34 PM
OK everyone I have been reading here a while, and I finally have an inquiry.

I want to fully detail my dark green car (ie get rid of swirls, bird crap stains etc)

Anyways I've been reading a lot, and here is what I want to do and use.

-Wash/Clay/Dry etc etc
-Use Porter Cable with orange lake country 6.5 pad and Poorboys SSR 2.5
-Use Porter Cable with white lake country 6.5 pad and Poorboys SSR 1
-Use Porter Cable with grey/black lake country 6.5 pad and Poorboys EX-P Sealant
-Finally, use P21S by hand

The car is a '94 BMW 540i which has moderate swirls and some bird stains. I've searched the forum and I am getting mixed reviews whether to to spray the pads or not to. Final conclusion?

Is this a good pad choice/product choice? Any past experiences/suggestions/comments are plenty welcome.

Thanks! :)
Sounds like you have a good plan of attack. Use XMT pad conditioner to prime the pad. Work very well.
Post some pictures once done. Good luck.

italpasta
04-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks! Unfortunately the weather is absolute garbage up here so I won't be detailing for at least another month or so.

I will post pics no doubt :awesome:

Thanks again

ScottB
04-14-2007, 08:38 AM
nice plan ... SSR's dust a bit and thus why some say "to" or "not" to prime your pads. I prime personally, but lightly with XMT Pad Conditioner and have used the SSR's extensively in past.

P1et
04-14-2007, 09:34 AM
ItalPasta, welcome to our forum!

It looks like you had the same plan of attack that I had when I first joined here almost 1,000 posts ago. I purchased the PC Poorboys Kit and have detailed many vehicles with it. I have never been disappointed, nor have I never been not able to tackle a defect.

Yes, Poorboys does dust a bit. But frankly, who cares? I usually wash my cars after polishing anyways. And the dusting only occurs when using too much product. I prime my pads with a quick spritz of Poorboys Quick Detailer, which is included in the package. Skip the P21S and lay on a nice layer or two of Poorboys Natty's Blue. You shall not be disappointed!

Here some pics of my wife's Explorer:

BEFORE
======

http://www.southernsoot.com/ford/Ford18.JPG

AFTER
=====

http://www.southernsoot.com/ford/Ford26.JPG

italpasta
04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Beautiful!

Thanks for the advice I can't wait to get started!!!!