PDA

View Full Version : Question to PB's APC users

Bunky
08-30-2012, 07:16 PM
I have some PB's APC but never used it. I plan to try it soon but wanted to check dilution before mixing up a batch.

I want to use it on tires and tire brown.

Steve @ Poorboy's recommends starting at 15:1 for tires and wheels although AG's store description says straight on engines and 1:1 on carpet and cloth.

Dr Oldz
08-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I would say Steve knows his products better than anyone else.......

Bunky
08-31-2012, 05:14 AM
I would say Steve knows his products better than anyone else.......

And another seller recommends something different. It is not marked on product.

tuscarora dave
08-31-2012, 05:28 AM
You should find Steve's APC to be very effective. I used to use it exclusively and would go with Steve's suggestions to get started with it. I used it at 15:1 for really cruddy interiors and 31:1 for general cleaning of interiors that weren't real dirty. I can't recall what dilution ratio I used for tires, somewhere near 4:1 I believe.

Bunky
08-31-2012, 07:07 AM
I will be working mobile this weekend so decided to mix up 7:1 (easiest to calculate).

I consider Optimum Power Clean as a top tier clean yet with a good degree of surface safety. Meg's 4:1 never works for me like Optimum even at 3:1 so we will see how well it does on tire brown.

BobbyG
08-31-2012, 07:12 AM
I have to admit Al, when talking to Steve he does know his products very well so I suspect it'll work fine. If a stronger solution is needed then mix a bit more and tailor it to your specific needs....:props: