PDA

View Full Version : Advertizing

Bradmerritt
08-29-2012, 11:15 PM
What should I do to promote my bussiness and get more customers what works and what doesn't work?????

RoadRageDetail
08-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Business cards. Word of mouth. Local automotive forums. Facebook.

Craigslist is #### IMO.

AutowerxDetailing
08-30-2012, 01:02 AM
AdWords is basically all I use. I just took out an ad in the local youth sports league program too. Not sure how that will pan out... my first foray into print advertising.

AdWords produces INSTANT results. I usually leave my campaigns turned off unless I don't have anything booked. Then, all I do is flip the switch and *presto* I'm fully booked.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/50415-adwords-marketing-guide-detailers.html

rustytruck
08-30-2012, 06:09 AM
It depends what you're trying to accomplish. Are in a shop trying to fill bays or are you looking to pick up a few cars a week on the side?

I just do a few cars a week. I spend no money on advertising. I do have the cost of my website but that is where a lot of my new business comes from. The other half is people that know me or know of me.

There are a bunch of posts about advertising. Good luck. Make sure you spend your money wisely.

SuperGlide
08-30-2012, 07:16 AM
I go door to door with full color flyers. Don't be pushy just introduce yourself and your service, if it sparks an interest in the potential customer then go on with more info.

If they seem disinterested hand them the flyer and say thanks for your time and move on. If no one answears you can still leave it hanging on the door.

When the interested ones start asking questions your there already to look at there vehicle and point out different things that can be done and what a swirl looks like.

Always be professional, clean cut, company shirt and clean jeans or pants.

I like this because most people don't think about detailing unless they run across something like this.

Think about it, how many times did you think about detailing and paint correction before you got into it or even knew what it was?

Very few seek detailing and know what it's all about the rest you have to get there business by being seen.