PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on filter set up

tx04whitel
08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
First off I'd like to say I'm just a recreational detailer. I clean my lightning, work truck and some others every weekend and maybe other peoples' rides when they're not proficient enough to do it. Anyways, I live in Odessa, Texas and we are in a very bad water shortage. About a week ago we got our water well hooked up. It's the only legal way to wash at home and I must say the water out of it kind of sucks (who knows where it's been). I ran the well for awhile to get the sediment out and washed my truck. The water left white streaks and was almost milky, I can't tell if there's something in it or if it's really hard. It was different than the hard water I get out of the tap.

There's this filter set up that I was going to tee into the hose hookup on the well and hide for my personal use

Deluxe Clean Water Filter Kit, 2 step water filter system, water filter for car washing, inline hose filter (http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html?productid=deluxe-filter-system&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE&gclid=COfvmsK8i7ICFYJOTAodWVMAwg)

Looks high quality and well thought out... will it solve my heavily contaminated water problem? I've searched on here and other places and I've also seen de-ionizing set ups. However my circumstances are a little strange so I just want to buy the correct setup.

Thanks

ihaveacamaro
08-29-2012, 05:10 PM
My opinion: I think it will work, but you might have to change the filter out a lot more than you otherwise might have to.