PDA

View Full Version : How to upload photos to Autogeek the proper way!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ihaveacamaro
01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
That's very good.

I encourage people to resize their photos first and Yancy just told me he has screen capture video software so I can make a video on how to resize pictures before uploading.

One thing for sure, ANYTHING that helps people to figure out how to work with pictures on our forum is a great addition.

It's really not that hard to resize your pictures to a "Viewable Size" which is a courtesy to both your reader and whoever's photo gallery you're uploading your pictures to.

Nice video Roshan...

:xyxthumbs:

Hey Mike,

I agree on both counts! Uploading pictures is not hard once you know what to do AND it is so much nicer to view in threads than thumbnails!

The great thing about this video is that it not only shows how to upload photos to an album on the AG server and then insert it into a thread, but also shows you how to crop the picture before you do so Im the MAN

Thanks for the nice words Mike :xyxthumbs:

P.S. What screen capture editing software did you guys get by the way? I use Debut Video Capture because it is very simple to use AND free! Hard to beat that :)

Yancy
01-03-2013, 02:11 PM
P.S. What screen capture editing software did you guys get by the way? I use Debut Video Capture because it is very simple to use AND free! Hard to beat that :)

ScreenFlow for Mac, easy as pie software and probably will lay the voice overs in Logic and compile in Final Cut. I find that it is easier to do the screen capture then lay the audio while watching the video. That is just my thoughts and the way that I have done them in the past.

ihaveacamaro
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
ScreenFlow for Mac, easy as pie software and probably will lay the voice overs in Logic and compile in Final Cut. I find that it is easier to do the screen capture then lay the audio while watching the video. That is just my thoughts and the way that I have done them in the past.

Wow sounds like quite the process, but I'm sure the final video will look and sound great! I'm plain old jane over here just using my laptops mic lol!

Btw, and I know this is off-topic, but can you recommend a video editing software for windows? I have cyberlink powerdirector (I believe 9 or 10) and while it is nice, it has a tendency to just remove audio sometimes or add background noises. Kind of ruins the software imo.

Yancy
01-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is good and coupled with Adobe After Effects is great for graphics and Animations, Sony Vegas Pro and Avid Media Composer.

I use Final Cut X cause I prefer to work on a Mac and use Motion and Adobe After Effects for animations and graphics. I have been meaning to post a thread about video editing but just haven't had time to do so, but it is still on my list as well as working with Photoshop and dealing with printers.

ihaveacamaro
01-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is good and coupled with Adobe After Effects is great for graphics and Animations, Sony Vegas Pro and Avid Media Composer.

I use Final Cut X cause I prefer to work on a Mac and use Motion and Adobe After Effects for animations and graphics. I have been meaning to post a thread about video editing but just haven't had time to do so, but it is still on my list as well as working with Photoshop and dealing with printers.

I might get Sony Vegas Pro, thanks for the suggestions!

bikeride4fun
01-04-2013, 06:26 AM
I will have to try this..thanks.....

wanabe detailer
02-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Better? http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/thumbs/0216131524b.jpg

ihaveacamaro
02-16-2013, 07:58 PM
How big is that photo on your computer? You embedded it correctly, but that's a very small photo to begin with. Is that the original photo file or has it been modified in any way?

Your photos should normally look this big from a camera phone:

http://www.howtodetailmycar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2-13-13-5-1024x768.jpg

wanabe detailer
02-16-2013, 08:04 PM
1280 x960 px. Good size on computer. Taken with my LG phone

ihaveacamaro
02-16-2013, 08:15 PM
the picture should definitely be much bigger than that then. Are you uploading a modified version of the picture? It seems to be a thumbnail size

ihaveacamaro
02-16-2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15657&d=1361060107

This is how big your picture should be, this one was taken from your thread by clicking on the picture, right clinking copy image url, then coming to this thread and inputting the image file in that postcard button.

Normally, that would not be needed. If you upload your normal size picture to a gallery and then use that url you get from your uploaded picture as I have shown in the video, you will get normal sized pictures :) Hope this helps!

wanabe detailer
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
the picture should definitely be much bigger than that then. Are you uploading a modified version of the picture? It seems to be a thumbnail sizeNo. I used the same picture that I used in original post.

BobbyG
02-16-2013, 09:04 PM

Hey Yancy,

What do you know about Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4?

I was reading about it and it seams to be a robust powerful yet simple to use photo editor......... or at least that's the way I see it...

ihaveacamaro
02-16-2013, 09:09 PM
No. I used the same picture that I used in original post.

Alright then I'm confused :confused:

Sorry I couldn't be more help :(

wanabe detailer
02-16-2013, 09:39 PM
one more timehttp://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/256.jpg