PDA

View Full Version : How do you get "Countries Top Detailer" title?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SuperGlide
08-29-2012, 08:04 AM
I was wondering how some detailers say there one of the top 10 of all detailers in the country, How do you get that title?

I've won local awards in my city for for being a business and a detailer but how do you
get ranked country wide or world wide?

Flash Gordon
08-29-2012, 08:14 AM
How about if I name you one of the top 10 detailers on the Autogeek forum?

FUNX650
08-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I was wondering how some detailers say there one of the top 10 of all detailers in the country, How do you get that title?

I've won local awards in my city for for being a business and a detailer but how do you
get ranked country wide or world wide?

Just a suggestion:

Todd Cooperider | LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/todd-cooperider/7/6a2/1a5)

:)

Bob

swanicyouth
08-29-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm one of the top ten detailers on my block.

SuperGlide
08-29-2012, 08:54 AM
I've seen work posted on here that's just as good
or better then the work I seen from the countries best.

So why are they not considered the countries best?

Just a little confused on who has the power to say who's the
best in the country and who's not :dunno:

kronos
08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
I don't believe they're anointed "top detailer" until they've spent decades building their reputation. Mike P. is one such detailer. Many claim to be one of the best in the country, but I doubt any of the other top 10 know more about detailing than Mike.

Klasse Act
08-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm one of the top ten detailers on my block.

I'm the top detailer in my apartment complex,:laughing:

FUNX650
08-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Just a little confused on who has the power to say who's the
best in the country and who's not :dunno:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/autoweek.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/49201)

:D

Bob

RZJZA80
08-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Those best in the country lists don't mean anything, like the one in DuPont Registry. You think they went around searching for the best? Or for those that are the most well known or that they have used before? There's too much behind the scene action to put any weight into any of those lists.

JSFM35x
08-29-2012, 09:48 AM
I know the work that some of these guys consistently put out. The guys I know are excellent detailers, business men, marketers, problem solvers, salesmen, customer service minded professionals , networkers all rolled up into one and have spent the time perfecting their craft. The guys on the list that I know are pro,s if there are better they will surface.

You get the title from someone else, you don't self proclaim it.

Mike Phillips
08-29-2012, 10:17 AM
I know the work that some of these guys consistently put out. The guys I know are excellent detailers, business men, marketers, problem solvers, salesmen, customer service minded professionals , networkers all rolled up into one and have spent the time perfecting their craft. The guys on the list that I know are pro,s if there are better they will surface.

You get the title from someone else, you don't self proclaim it.

Very well said. Everything you wrote.

To get to the top you have to do all of the above to the best of your ability and anywhere you're lacking seek out help.

Learn the art of photography and the art of getting pictures on the Internet
Learn to capture good before, process and after shot. That's one reason I encourage people to learn how to get the pictures off the memory stick and processed and then uploaded into a gallery and then INSERTED into a thread, not simply attached. Heck I have articles on my article list on both how to detail and how to use a camera to share what you detail and it's not that hard to do.

That's why I wrote this article with this purposefully written subject title.

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/40083-if-you-re-going-forum-person-any-forum-help-yourself-learning-how-work-picture-internet.html)

Help others...
Learn how to write and share the products and the process you used.

Write for your audience and the medium
Learn how to write for the Internet, that is using headings, white space, short paragraphs, spell check, etc. Reading on a monitor tires the eyes in the first place, don't make it harder by using poor formatting etc.

Lead by example in the real world and the cyber world
Above all, conduct yourself in a professional manner both in the world and on all the forums you hang out on. There are some Pro Detailers that are VERY good at making paint shiny but if you read through their posting history they show themselves to be very much less than professional and that's putting it kindly.

A person's posting history reveals their character...
Some of the best detailers I know are also the nicest people I know. Some of the newest detailers I know are also the nicest people I've met. The people that conjure up a negative impression are the people that conduct themselves horribly regardless of their work.

Leverage Social Media and Online and Offline Touch-Points
Everyone's different and if you want to be at the top of this game you can't not be a member of Facebook because "you" don't like Facebook, it's not about you, it's about connecting in every manner possible and again, doing it in a professional manner. I'm always surprised when I seen someone dis a specific mode of communication but it often times goes hand-in-hand with their online lack of professionalism.

Of course, working hard, working honest and buffing out a kazillion cars helps too...

:)

Setec Astronomy
08-29-2012, 10:31 AM
As FunX alluded to, there was a magazine that printed a "Top Ten Detailers" article...how exhaustively they researched is open for debate. IIRC, there would be no argument that those listed are great detailers, that doesn't mean there aren't 100 or 1000 or 10000 great detailers in the country.

swanicyouth
08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm the top detailer in my apartment complex,:laughing:

True, unless I move in there.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-29-2012, 12:16 PM
The DuPont registry of the top detailers was an advertisement paid for by each one of the companies on the list.

Mike Phillips
08-29-2012, 12:57 PM
The DuPont registry of the top detailers was an advertisement paid for by each one of the companies on the list.

Really?

I haven't seen nor read the article but for some reason I find that surprising?

Doesn't sound right. But I'm not in the magazine business either...

:dunno: