PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Truths...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

oldgeek
08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
I found autogeek.net about 3 months (and $1000) ago. I thought I'd share a few things I've learned this summer. Feel free to add your own additions.

===

Expensive wax always looks better than cheaper wax simply because you paid more for it.

Wax applicators are like toast, they always land butter side down.

No matter how you color code them, the two bucket method only works if you don't screw up.... (MF is not always the abbreviation for microfiber)

The probability of waxing an entire car without dropping the applicator is zero.

Swirls happen. They are caused by the rotation of the earth. You cannot prevent if from happening. Get over it.

Autogeek always waits until you've made your purchase to put the product you just bought on BOGO.

Birds wait to poop on your car until you've buffed off the last panel of your lsp...
(MF is not always the abbreviation for microfiber)

Wax durability is directly proportional to how hard it is to get off.

The sun is not your friend. Mother nature's three greatest gifts are the carnauba palm, the sea sponge, and overcast skies.

Children who write WASH ME on the hood of your car don't understand that WASH ME is now no longer sufficient. The proper phrase should be POLISH ME to get out the scratches they just ground into your paint... (MF is not always the abbreviation for microfiber)

Detailing is an art not a science. If you think you are going to purchase one of those fancy-schmancy buffing machines and make your neglected Beemer look like the show cars in Mike's videos in an afternoon, you're mistaken. Plan on practicing a lot... And know when to hold em and when to fold em. If you're out of your comfort zone, don't be ashamed to take it to a professional.

BobbyG
08-28-2012, 07:16 PM
:iagree: I like them!! :dblthumb2:

I think this just about sums it up!! :props:

ssnobrakes
08-28-2012, 07:18 PM
LOL........:dblthumb2:

IID
08-28-2012, 07:21 PM
I found autogeek.net about 3 months (and $1000) ago. I thought I'd share a few things I've learned this summer. Feel free to add your own additions.

===

Expensive wax always looks better than cheaper wax simply because you paid more for it.

Wax applicators are like toast, they always land butter side down.

No matter how you color code them, the two bucket method only works if you don't screw up.... (MF is not always the abbreviation for microfiber)

The probability of waxing an entire car without dropping the applicator is zero.

Swirls happen. They are caused by the rotation of the earth. You cannot prevent if from happening. Get over it.

Autogeek always waits until you've made your purchase to put the product you just bought on BOGO.

Birds wait to poop on your car until you've buffed off the last panel of your lsp...
(MF is not always the abbreviation for microfiber)

Wax durability is directly proportional to how hard it is to get off.

The sun is not your friend. Mother nature's three greatest gifts are the carnauba palm, the sea sponge, and overcast skies.

Children who write WASH ME on the hood of your car don't understand that WASH ME is now no longer sufficient. The proper phrase should be POLISH ME to get out the scratches they just ground into your paint... (MF is not always the abbreviation for microfiber)

Detailing is an art not a science. If you think you are going to purchase one of those fancy-schmancy buffing machines and make your neglected Beemer look like the show cars in Mike's videos in an afternoon, you're mistaken. Plan on practicing a lot... And know when to hold em and when to fold em. If you're out of your comfort zone, don't be ashamed to take it to a professional.

Very well said!

BlueZero
08-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Great post!!!

Y2KSVT
08-28-2012, 07:34 PM
I love it! Great post!

SuperiorAutoLLC
08-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Funny, and so true!!

AutowerxDetailing
08-28-2012, 07:41 PM
:applause:

jminrod
08-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Hysterical. Thanks

Infiniti
08-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Great post

Washing your car will increase the chance of rain. Droughts are not possible.

Dropping your best microfiber towels on the ground when removing wax is going to happen. .... MF is not

After using a PC7424 for about 7 hours in one day weight lifting really doesn't make me as sore.. this is probably due to age

I never realized everybody's car looked like crap until I found this site.

ShineMyCar
08-28-2012, 07:49 PM

MVP :dblthumb2:

mwoolfso
08-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Perfect!

FUNX650
08-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Feel free to add your own additions.

First:
Very funny post, MF-F (my forum friend)...oldgeek!!!

Second:
Just as some 'Detailing-Feats' require products being used in the proper sequence...back-to-back, so to say.

I've now witnessed (and taken an active role in) the words:
"old" and "geek" being used in tandem.

Who da thunk!!

:)

Bob

lokerola
08-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Love it! MF does not always equal microfiber - ha!

ReflectiveAuto
08-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I agree with that 10000% but I would add...

Dont attempt to detail your ride if your younger son is around or it will take 3 times longer because he will come behind you with something and make you work harder getting it off.