PDA

View Full Version : I just contacted the Turtle Wax Corp concerning Zymol rumors

ReflectiveAuto
08-28-2012, 02:01 PM
I just called the Turtle Wax Corp. and they said Zymol Waxes are not made by Turtle Wax in any way shape or form. They did say that Turtle Wax does make Marvel Oils..which I did not know at all.

Bigbull2984
08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
OK. I dont think you will get a correct answer from TW about this.
I do recall their main line was made by TW and bottled by Zymol. This is the norm in todays economy. Their higher end stuff is awesome (the stuff you cant find at AZ and walmart). But a pain to work with.

AutowerxDetailing
08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Maybe they just bottle them for Zymol? I know I have seen "Turtle Wax" on the back of some Zymol waxes sold at my local auto parts store.

FUNX650
08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I just called the Turtle Wax Corp. and they said Zymol Waxes are not made by Turtle Wax in any way shape or form. They did say that Turtle Wax does make Marvel Oils..which I did not know at all.

If I may ask...

Do you use Marvel Oils? And whereso, or upon?

:)

Bob

ReflectiveAuto
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Nicholas..you are correct...I just got off the phone with Tiffany @ Zymol and she stated that in the past Turtle Wax filled the bottles since they ship out millions of bottles of their waxes to like Wal-Mart, Kmart and places like that. Tiffany said that Zymol needed a larger production place to have their bottles filled of that wax to hit a certain client market and but the formula is owned my Zymol. She also said that Turtle Wax does not fill those bottles anymore since they have the ability to fill those bottles now. I also have some samples of some waxes and the brand new Zymol Car Wash being sent out to me for free.

ReflectiveAuto
08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
I have used the Marvel Oil additive product to fix some knocking in the lifters in my older Audi. It worked

FUNX650
08-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Nicholas..you are correct...I just got off the phone with Tiffany @ Zymol and she stated that in the past Turtle Wax filled the bottles since they ship out millions of bottles of their waxes to like Wal-Mart, Kmart and places like that. Tiffany said that Zymol needed a larger production place to have their bottles filled of that wax to hit a certain client market and but the formula is owned my Zymol. She also said that Turtle Wax does not fill those bottles anymore since they have the ability to fill those bottles now. I also have some samples of some waxes and the brand new Zymol Car Wash being sent out to me for free.

Good for You!! :props:

Tiffany@Zymol:
Seemingly...Yet another: Fine Jewel!...(In the traditional way of speaking.)

:)

Bob

KneeDragr
08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone try that spray glaze? Sounds like an interesting idea for a quick detailer, some nice greasy fillers in there to make your sub par paint shine, lol.

Mike Phillips
08-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Turtle Wax?

Turtles?

Check out this thread...

Special Visit From Surprise Guest! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/28125-special-visit-surprise-guest-too-cool.html) (Too cool)

:D

Bigbull2984
08-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Turtle Wax?

Turtles?

Check out this thread...

Special Visit From Surprise Guest! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/28125-special-visit-surprise-guest-too-cool.html) (Too cool)

Lol good one Mike.

ProDetail
08-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Anyone try that spray glaze? Sounds like an interesting idea for a quick detailer, some nice greasy fillers in there to make your sub par paint shine, lol.

I have, it's not that bad actually. I tried it on my fiancée car and were surprised by the results. If I can find the pics I'll be sure to post them

FUNX650
08-28-2012, 08:32 PM
I have, it's not that bad actually. I tried it on my fiancée car and were surprised by the results. If I can find the pics I'll be sure to post them

I'm hoping that they are of the: fiancée! {fingers crossed}

(I've seen enough cars for one day!!)

Bob

swanicyouth
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM

Yeah, I use the Field Glaze all the time over Zymol Glasur. It's an excellent carnuba based spray wax. It comes with probably the finest sprayer I have ever used. It's like spraying air. A little bit of product goes a long way. The only caveat is its pricey. $22.00 for a small bottle. But it does last. This isn't the Spray Glaze or the Quick Detailer stuff the sell at Pep Boys that's part of the introductory line. That stuff is less money and I have yet to try it.

Zymol seems to polarize people. They either love it, or for some reason say the products are a rip off.

ProDetail
08-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm hoping that they are of the: fiancée! {fingers crossed}

(I've seen enough cars for one day!!)

Bob

Not cool Funx725... not even remotely cool:mad:

rwright
08-29-2012, 01:25 AM
The OTC Spray Glaze behaves just like...you guessed it, Turtle Wax. A royal pain in the rear to use, especially if the humidity is a little high.