PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a Polaris RZR????

kay1986
08-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Hello,

I have a strange question, forgive me if this has been posted before. I have a new Polaris RZR we take it on trails once every couple of weeks and after going through water and mudd it is horrible by the end of the day. I want to keep it clean and looking new after every trip so we do a full detail on it but it is taking hours and still isn't as clean as I would like. :help:

What would be the best products? We have a model that has paint, so it isn't like a plastic like a normal atv. The seats pop out really easy so I have been taking those out and cleaning them then I am putting a Chemical Guys interior dressing on them which seems to be working well. One of the biggest problems is the floor, they are black plastic but they never seem to look clean enough for me. I know I need a good APC so if you guys can give me some tips that would be great! I know it will get dirty everytime we take it out but I also want to make sure it is well taken care of and is clean and new looking after the fact. Thanks in advance for any help!

oneill24
08-28-2012, 12:51 PM
I think your best bet would be to invest in a pressure washer, everytime you wash mud off your going to scratch the paint. With the pressure washer your pretty much taking off id say about 90% of the dirt and grime. Also I've had great success with washing rubber floor mats with just a pressure washer, so it might solve your dirty floor problem. If you need a recommendation on an APC I would say OPC (Optimum Power Clean) is the best. It's pricey but you get what you pay for.