PDA

View Full Version : New car Paint Clean and Protection Procedure

mcascello100
08-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi all i just wanted some feedback on my procedure that i used and also on my future ideas for my 2012 ford mustang convertible grabber blue.

clean, wash , rinse, dry
clay bar exterior with mothers clay kit
white pad with xmt swirl remover 1

then got next shipment in a month later
clean, wash, rinse, dry
2 coats of klasse car sealant 10 hour cure time in between coats

then next wash cycle
used xmt 360 spray wax

now wondering about a product i picked up from a local pep boys near me. I picked up the meguiar's yellow hi tech car wax. how is this product and do you think i should hand apply or machine apply this wax?

Thanks everyone for any suggestions
i have a porter cable with yellow orange white grey and blue lc pads 5.5 inch

Mike Phillips
08-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Last week I wrote a brand new article showing what I would do if I bought a brand new car...

Take a look and read through this article, don't scan it, read it as it's detailed and thorough as to what you should do step by step.

How To Detail Your Brand New Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html)

:)

Mike Phillips
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
now wondering about a product i picked up from a local pep boys near me. I picked up the Meguiar's yellow hi tech car wax. how is this product and do you think i should hand apply or machine apply this wax?

Thanks everyone for any suggestions
i have a porter cable with yellow orange white grey and blue lc pads 5.5 inch

M26 is a show car wax, that is it offers no cleaning ability and it should be applied to a finish in excellent condition as described in my how-to book...

Page 37 - Paint Condition Categories (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/51281-page-37-paint-condition-categories.html)

It is a very nice wax that's been around for around 30+ years with a strong and loyal following.

Apply a thin coat by hand or machine, allow to dry to a light haze and then remove. If applied by machine use the gray or blue pad.

:)

mcascello100
08-27-2012, 11:49 AM
thank you very much because i was nervous if this was just a good wax but glad to hear its a greta product thanks a lot and glad to finally be a member on AGO!