PDA

View Full Version : fogging with opti coat

oli
08-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I have some fogging after applying opti coat. I think its due to too much product on my applicator. I know its not due to my prep, because I am very anal about that. I figured I would just let it sit for 24 hrs. and see if it clears up. I didn't wipe it down with a micro fiber towel immediately after application because the paint is so very soft and any extra rubbing is bound to leave some streaking or marring from the towel. After bonding I would be able to use a towel. So my question, when I get to it this evening will it just wipe away or will I have to do a very light polish to clear it up.

Chris Thomas
08-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Fogging is from too much product being left to dry or from rubbing it as it dries.

Read post #6 here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/54512-opti-coat-2-0-first-time.html#post728113

...and see if that helps. You have to get the panel right/clear on application..later doesn't work with Opti-Coat because it's a wipe on coating very different from waxes, sealants, and even nano coats.