PDA

View Full Version : interior cleaning

jcb19983
08-26-2012, 10:03 PM
This might be a stupid question but what does everyone use to wipe down and clean the interior. I work for a dealership and we use white towels for interior work but they leave behind little white hairs on the interior, and everyone there says the microfibers we have are for wax and polishes only. Is there a specific type of towle or microfiber for interiors. Thanks for any help

rider9195
08-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I use Chemical Guys Inner Clean for the interior. I apply it with a short nap microfiber towel and buff off the excess residue. The white fibers you are seeing is the towel linting. Keep your exterior and interior towels separate as well.

sahrcar
08-26-2012, 11:52 PM
You can use a regular microfiber for cleaning the interiors without any issues. I have a large assortment of microfibers on hand and have 4 or 5 different colors. I use a different color for different things; wax, polish, interior, carpets, tires. Any microfiber will do but you just dont want to grab a dirty towel used on the exterior and then use that for the interior. Last week I went to clean some leather seats and I accidently grabbed a towel I had just used on the exterior. My client called me back a couple hours later to complain that her seats felt sticky and still were filthy.

The white towels you mentioned do lint a lot so I only use microfiber but this too also creates fuzz balls at times depending on the brand and how it was washed last. The best towels to use for interiors are the suede microfibers as they don't lint or shed. Carpro has some great ones available here on autogeek that I thoroughly love; theyre also great for cleaning windows with too!

Infinitiman
08-27-2012, 07:48 PM
This might be a stupid question but what does everyone use to wipe down and clean the interior. I work for a dealership and we use white towels for interior work but they leave behind little white hairs on the interior, and everyone there says the microfibers we have are for wax and polishes only. Is there a specific type of towle or microfiber for interiors. Thanks for any help

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.
For cleaning, the general purpose 80/20 polyester/polyamide microfibers are great. For protectant application, the http://www.autogeek.net/cobmicpad.html work very well, then follow up with another general purpose microfiber to remove any excess. Here is a list from AGO on microfiber towels. http://www.autogeek.net/mfchart.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jcb19983
08-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using AG Online