PDA

View Full Version : Might as well ask...

scooterguitar
05-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Not that I'm hooked, what else should I be putting an order in on? I am likeing the Poorboy's so far, but open to any suggestions, keep in mind I need to save $ for chroming my hog :righton: So keep in mind these products should be suited for the bike as well (mainly), i.e. leather will be subjected to the elements.
Wheel Cleaner
Leather
Rubber/vynl (dashboard, etc) protector
Quick detailer
tire gel/cleaner
Any suggestions for chrome? I ahve tried everything, but keep looking. Just got the Maas, but yet to use it.
Missing anything?
Pros and cons of what you suggest would be great man!
Wnated to add, the better smelling stuff I love!

ScottB
05-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Poorboys rocks ...and S100 makes a kit especially for bikes. Best chrome polish to date is Simichrome (we dont carry it) . We use to offer a Pinnacle Bike line and the metal polish rocked.

Wheel Cleaner Pinnacle, P21S
Leather Connolly, Pinnacle, Lexol
Rubber/vynl (dashboard, etc) protector --- 303 Protectant
Quick detailer Clearkote Quikshine
tire gel/cleaner see above ... both are gels

scooterguitar
05-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Who makes the 303?
I have simichrome, shines ok, but not too good for cleaning from my usage. I like the Wenol blue better. Gotta give this Maas a try yet, maybe it'll do it for me. I have the S10o total cycle cleaner, a greta product indeed. I think I am going to start using my Poorboy's wash on the paint from now on and use the S100 on engine/frame components only. I do not liek their polishing soap,yuck just a waste of time. It cleans decent enough, but I always have to redo all the chrome with another polish.

Neothin
05-19-2006, 08:44 PM
who makes 303? 303 of course! that's the name of the company lol.

-wheel cleaner... hmm clean it once thoroughly with an OTC wheel cleaner, and then use something like DP wheel glaze to make it quick and easy to clean them from then on with nothing more than soapy water and a towel.
-I like leatherique products for leather.
-I second the 303 suggestion for the dash. meguiar's #40 (i think that's the number anyways) rubber/vinyl cleaner is my weapon of choice for deep cleaning the dashboard and other interior pieces.
-I also second the quikshine suggestion. Takes a little bit to get used to though. It's a completely water based product. The QD isn't going to evaporate as quickly as most other QD's that use alcohol.
-I normally just use foamy car wash soap to clean my tires. comes out clean enough for me! for a tire dressing, I love using meguiar's endurance, the matte formula. great sheen and lasts a couple of washes.