PDA

View Full Version : Dura Gloss #265 tire shine.....applied and reviewed!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Klasse Act
08-25-2012, 04:35 PM
I've been really hooked on DuraGloss for the past couple monthes, I've bought and used the following:

-PBA
-AquaWax

Everything has EXCEEDED my expectations without a doubt, so I decided to try something that does NOT go on your car's paint surface, or atleast it shouldn't! Since I was out of AquaWax, now on my 3rd bottle, I decided to try their tire shine #265. I waited till I got home and parked the car, then I applied it. It says that it dries in minutes and leaves the tires lookin' wet and it does, but get this, ITS DRY TO THE TOUCH! This tells me its not going to sling and gives the tires a "retro" look, well, retro to me. I do like the looks of a matte finish on tires for sure, but to change things up a bit, this is certainly THE option to check out and is ofcoarse available here at AG (I bought mine at the local CarQuest though) So, if your placing an order here at AG anytime soon and wanna give your tires a real shine that doesn't sling, try it out, another great product from the most underated company out there....DURAGLOSSIm the MAN

Oh yeah, here's some pics:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z170/KlasseAct/CR-Z%20pics%20and%20mods/IMG_20120825_155844.jpg

Up close and personal
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z170/KlasseAct/CR-Z%20pics%20and%20mods/IMG_20120825_160237.jpg

derek0609
08-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey, 1994 called and want their wet tire look back!! 3rd bottle of Aqua Wax, holy cow!!! Car is beaming buddy!!! :)

Klasse Act
08-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Hey, 1994 called and want their wet tire look back!! 3rd bottle of Aqua Wax, holy cow!!! Car is beaming buddy!!! :)

1994......heck, you could even go back further than that, I had some stuff that I made up using AA and this clear stuff and called it BLACK GLASS, LOL! Back then my dumbazz didn't know better and I would spray it on and leave it and the tires looked like patent leather (spelling), boy did I think that looked cool....until it would all fling off all over the bottom of my doors and quarter panels, oh well, live and learn, right:props:

I said I would wait and buy a gallon but I don't wanna be with out AW until its too cold out and since that's some time off, I bought some anyways and I'm glad I did because I got this tire shine, really like it and I will further my review when I get some time/weather on this stuff. I should make it clear that I've got a good base of Black Fire total eclipse tire gel already on there, now its buried underneath, so I should be good to go for quite some time nowIm the MAN

Thanks for the compliment on my ride, I'm very proud of how it looks, DuraGloss has really converted me.....BIG TIME! What you see on the car is lots of DG, did a clay last weekend and then followed up with #101 w/PBA, then 2 coats of #111 w/PBA and while the 2nd coat of #111 was on for a little while I sprayed AW over the top of it and removed it, BAM! Then yesterday at work I hit it again with some AW:dblthumb2:

KillaCam
08-25-2012, 05:56 PM
That looks good if you want that wet look for tires. Keep us updated on how long it lasts. Your car looks wet! Duragloss is working for you! Can't wait to get some on my next order.

A.P.A.D.
08-25-2012, 06:26 PM
This is the dressing i use when i get the big trucks in with the mud grappler tires on them. the aerosol can helps in getting the dressing in all the grooves. gives a very shiny wet look as seen in the OP pictures as well.

one of my customers was thrilled with it, and text me asking what i used since it did not fling off the tires. which on big trucks with the tires sticking way out from the body is a must!

only down side with the aerosol can is that on 2 big trucks with those big tires, the can gets used up. I have a spray gun (recommended method by Richy) coming from harbor freight to help with applying other dressings to tires as well.

Duragloss = great, high quality products at a reasonable price!

Klasse Act
08-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks Killa, I really appreciate that and APAD, I guess when you do a big truck like that you've gotta charge accordingly, LOL.

I wonder how long its going to be till I go back to the matte look, I guess we'll see but for now, I'll just enjoy the BLING! One things for sure though, the car will always have to BLING and with the help of AG and all the products they offer, its never going to end!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

A.P.A.D.
08-25-2012, 08:20 PM
APAD, I guess when you do a big truck like that you've gotta charge accordingly, LOL.

oh definitely that! :dblthumb2:

i also keep this stuff handy for the customers who look at their tires and say "you didnt armor-all the tires?!" lol

Klasse Act
08-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Its funny how "armor all the tires" is now a verb and not a noun anymore, or should I say adverb....can't remember, kinda like "google it" or the use of Coke when someone offers you a pop and they break out some Pepsi or RC, a generic use of the word. AA has one good use, wheelwells on a big truck or SUV. Even the best stuff washes off in the rain, so why spend the money on the expensive stuff there I say, its really only for "curb appeal" anyways, not like the stuff you apply on tires that actually works. I mean you could apply #265 into the wheelwells but at that price, why waste it there, apply it to the tires or engine bay. With all the crud that goes up in the wheelwells the cheapest product is the best IMO, who cares about the name at that point.

rwright
08-25-2012, 09:13 PM
DG #253 tire and mat dressing is sweet as well, contains rain repel. The thing about it though, tires react differently. I've had some dry matte after 2 layers and I've had some dry glossy after 1 layer. I spray a mf applicator then swipe the tire.

Bunky
08-26-2012, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the review. It definitely has that wet look.

BobbyG
08-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Duragloss is a like that pleases but won't break the bank. I've never used their tire shine product but it certainly does work!.....:props:

Great review!

Klasse Act
08-26-2012, 09:03 AM
I didn't see the matte dressing at CarQuest so I'm going to need to order some from AG on my next order for sure, along with a gallon of AW and some #501. If DuraGloss were a QB, they'd be Matt Stafford because its just touchdown after touchdown after touchdown!

A.P.A.D.
08-26-2012, 09:04 AM
My go to in tire shine is Duragloss Wet Look Tire Shine (WLTS) #281 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-wet-look-tire-shine.html)

Spray it on a tire applicator pad and wipe it on the tire for a nice even semi shiny gloss.

wangotango
08-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey there's that very shiny clean-looking hybrid thing again.
Looks great!
What was your mix ratio with PBA and the DG101.
I'm going to try some DG for the first time this week.
Been having fun with the AW for some time but it's all I've tried.
Gonna go with 601/105 in the 4:1.
Is that the standard ratio?
How do the DG products react with rubber/trim?

Klasse Act
08-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I use 4 parts #101 or #111 and 1 part PBA (#601) and 1 oz is enough to do my car once with enough left over to do all the glass as well. I had some left over and its a couple days old and hasn't hardened up yet, so I'm thinking its ok still....is this possible.