PDA

View Full Version : Porsche experts, get in! plz

NiSyam
08-25-2012, 01:09 AM
So i'm trying to correct a 2010 black Panamera with a big amount of swirls.

I tried m105 and SIP with an orange LC pad and it looks like m105 is doing a better job at removing "most" of the swirls. Problem is there is still a bit of swirls left and I'm aiming for a swirl free finish. I also tried a wool purple lc but i was adding swirls instead of removing them!

* I'm using a makita, speed 3-3.5

This summer I've done 4 black porsches and had awesome results in all four, the Panamera in the other hand, no so much!!!

Anybody could help me out please?

Thank you very much!

c5errr
08-25-2012, 06:18 AM
well i never worked on a porsche but i think they have (hard clear)
which is hard to correct
but if u removed the majority of the swirls by m105 then go on with m105 a second time and check the results
and have u tried black fire SRC compound ? its designed for hard and scratch resistant clears

Mike lambert
08-25-2012, 06:38 AM
I would bump up your speed, or try a more aggressive foam pad, or both. Slow down your rate of travel, I never have had trouble with 105 ,then 205 on all the Porsche that I do.
Good luck!

mamut
08-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I did a black cayenne and it got annoying when I had to compound it twice because the first round 50% correction has been achieved. but after the second round and m205 everything turned out very good. I used a blue/cyan hydro pad and m105.

NiSyam
08-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Hey guys!

Well it looks like i finally got the hand of it. M105 combined with an orange pad speed 3 and really slow arm movement, always making sure there is enough M105 on the pad otherwise you are only going to create more swirls.

It's going slow but definitely worth it!!

Thanks everyone !!