PDA

View Full Version : Collonite marque d elegance paste wax

Pages : [1] 2

Bradmerritt
08-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi first off I'd like to start by saying there are a ton of different paste waxes out there on the market today! So I've spent tons of money trying as many of the affordable ones to try to find out which works the best for the best price.

When I first got this wax from my shop distributor I paid about 35 dollars for it. It comes in a big jar and has says Collonite in big lettering and marque d elegance under it.

First time I used this wax I was more looking for what it produced for "pop" so i did my usual paint correction routine and when I was d with that I decided to test the wax. I applied it on one half of the hood. The paint was black, it seemed to make the paint jump right out at out giving you that deep wet glossy look. I was very impressed with the shine, pop and now I have gotten the chance to actually see the longevity of the product as well.

Our car lot consists of approximately 40 cars. That first vehicle i applied still sheets and beads the water off very nicely after its weekly wash. (it's been 4 months) outlasting any other paste wax ive used already and im sure by the looks if It it has months left before it wears off!
Overall I'd give this product a 9-10 the one thing I don't like about it is that you have to wipe it off quickly otherwise it can be a pain to remove but other than that it's a great wax and I put a coat of it on my car as well and it's still holding up strong.

I think Collonite is most known for it's longevity but this product brings both shine and protection to the max. I've d it to two other retailers in my area and they have made the switch as well. What are you waiting for have you tried Collonites best wax yet?

Brad Merritt

Bradmerritt
08-24-2012, 09:28 PM
And it is also very good on black Ive noticed that it makes makes black the way black should look very wet! And the other guys in my area agree! One other thing I have already waxed about 30 cars with the can and I still have a lot of wax left so it goes a long way

Brad Merritt

mwoolfso
08-24-2012, 10:00 PM
It does well on any color, really. Amazing reflectivity on silver.

Bradmerritt
08-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes it does, but there are a lot of people out there who are still unable to get black perfect I think this wax is a key ingredient to any detail shop hopefully they continue to make it cause I'm getting so used to it!

Brad Merritt

silverfox
08-25-2012, 05:37 AM
I think 915 is the best collinite wax.

Bradmerritt
08-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Yeah it is by far the insulator wax works good for protection as well but as for the looks they dont even compare

Brad Merritt

BuckeyeR/T
08-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Love #915!

TS656577
08-26-2012, 11:19 AM
I have used this wax and it's amazing. It's got great longevity and makes the paint look wet. My only complaint is that it's not the easiest wax to remove. A little goes a long way and too much can be a pain to remove.

Pats300zx
08-26-2012, 12:24 PM
It's a great wax. I have used it for years. The key is to apply it thin. Otherwise it's a PITA to remove.

Dr Oldz
08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Fantastic wax. For those having issues removing, try applying via DA as it allows a super thin layer to be applied thus making removal much simpler. The wax doesn't pop out of the tin due to the lip but a butter knife works well for transfering the wax to the pad.

Minoan212
08-26-2012, 04:45 PM
How does it compare to #845 with respect to durability, color and ease of application? Thanks!

BobbyG
08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Collinite waxes are those hidden jewels and once you discover them you'll use them forever...:props:

umi000
08-26-2012, 07:20 PM
How does it compare to #845 with respect to durability, color and ease of application? Thanks!

Better durability (even according to Collinite themselves), and IMO far better looks, particularly on darker colors (it adds a carnauba glow rather than that bright, reflective shine that 845 has). As for ease of application, as long as you apply in a very thin layer, you'll not have any problems with either product, even if applied to a whole car prior to buff off. I guess 845 lends itself better to machine application, being a liquid.

nashvegas
08-27-2012, 08:46 AM
+1 was using 845, tried the 915 and haven't looked back.

Bradmerritt
08-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah I love this stuff I use it everyday and i havent even thought of using anything else