PDA

View Full Version : CG Blacklight correction habilities ? Pictures ?

Pages : [1] 2

DaC
08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I know a lot of guys already used CG BL and most do say it has some correction ability instead of filling only. To which polish would it compare to in terms of correction ? m205 ? po85rd ? How do you use it when using it as an AIO ?
Do you have some 50/50 pictures of it after an IPA wipedown ? If so, can you post it here ? :dblthumb2:

rwright
08-24-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't know if it has that much cut to be honest. Maybe along the lines of a finishing polish? This product is not my specialty.

weekendwarrior
08-24-2012, 04:53 PM
I used it on our dark metallic grey Subaru, does have fillers, but didn't correct , swirls returned (I used with LC CCS grey finish/polish pad however). Perhaps if used with pad that has cut it might correct, but then again, might just be the pad that corrects. I'd call it a glaze/filler that makes your car shiny. Only filled swirls for a few weeks, topped with JetSeal 109 & V7, which is still beading/sheeting.

DaC
08-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Few weeks around 3 or 4 weeks ?
But do all the swirls came back or now there are less of them ?

weekendwarrior
08-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Same amount, 2 weeks I started to see them again, had a lot of rain, a few washes too.

Correction, the hood swirls returned after 2 weeks, the light swirls/scratches on vertical panels are still not back 100% yet.

psnt1ol
08-24-2012, 08:28 PM
I agree with comparing this to a finishing polish. When use as a AIO then it becomes more like a glaze. This product is very hard to classify. It does (very) light correction. It has filling abilities and it also offers protection.

DaC
08-24-2012, 08:36 PM
I agree with comparing this to a finishing polish. When use as a AIO then it becomes more like a glaze. This product is very hard to classify. It does (very) light correction. It has filling abilities and it also offers protection.

That's why I'm asking it... because I'm almost only working on very soft paints... and if it's indeed a finishing polish like, maybe using a crimson or black pad, could make it a great AIO for these soft paints.... I mean... I don't want to just fill anything, but rather offer a little quick correction job to meet my costumers budget... which would end up being impressed with the visual BL and v7 seems to provide.... but I really don't want after a couple of washes to have all the swirls back on their car....

psnt1ol
08-24-2012, 09:06 PM
That's why I'm asking it... because I'm almost only working on very soft paints... and if it's indeed a finishing polish like, maybe using a crimson or black pad, could make it a great AIO for these soft paints.... I mean... I don't want to just fill anything, but rather offer a little quick correction job to meet my costumers budget... which would end up being impressed with the visual BL and v7 seems to provide.... but I really don't want after a couple of washes to have all the swirls back on their car....

I mostly use BL as a step before LSP (after corrections/polishing) to enhance shine. I did a brand new 7 series several months back by using BL as an AIO with black pads. It made the flakes on metallic paint popped.

I didn't take any before shots since the car was brand new.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6984&pictureid=39365

DaC
08-25-2012, 04:38 AM
I really get amazed by these BL pictures.....
Have you made any wipedown ?
Normally here all the cars are already full of swirls when they go out from the car dealer

DaC
08-25-2012, 12:45 PM
bump "=]

psnt1ol
08-25-2012, 07:23 PM
I really get amazed by these BL pictures.....
Have you made any wipedown ?
Normally here all the cars are already full of swirls when they go out from the car dealer

I did a IPA wipe-down after the wash to inspect the paint. The car was in amazing shape. There weren't much defects to start with. There were only a few RIDS on the hood but since this is a DD so I saw no need to chase after them (besides, only guys like us could see them anyway). The owner wanted me to "shine it up" so that she could show the boys in the office on Monday. I thought this was the best product for this job. I did applied a layer of Jetseal 109 followed by V7 for a bit more protection and shine.

mg6045
08-25-2012, 07:26 PM
IME you shouldnt count on Blacklight for true correction. What it excels really well at is cleaning the paint really good and leaving a very nice even finish. It takes cars that look like crap and makes them look brilliant. The added fact that it does correct haze is really nice.

Thats the difference, it will remove haze and add clarity. Not sure you should count on it for mild to mid swirl removal on OEM paint though (which is why, imo, chemical guys did not market it as being able to remove defects. From what I can tell it has the same cleaners that most all chemical guys glaze's have added to them).

psnt1ol
08-25-2012, 07:34 PM
IME you shouldnt count on Blacklight for true correction. What it excels really well at is cleaning the paint really good and leaving a very nice even finish. It takes cars that look like crap and makes them look brilliant. The added fact that it does correct haze is really nice.

Thats the difference, it will remove haze and add clarity. Not sure you should count on it for mild to mid swirl removal on OEM paint though (which is why, imo, chemical guys did not market it as being able to remove defects. From what I can tell it has the same cleaners that most all chemical guys glaze's have added to them).

Agree 100% !!!!!!!!

DaC
08-25-2012, 07:37 PM
So..... will it take m205 haze out ?
The cars I work won't get haze only with po85rd.... m205 will leave some hazing...

psnt1ol
08-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Not really sure since I mainly use this as a gloss enhancer and the 7 series was the only time I used it like an AIO. I think this product would help you get that extra 10% when your finish is around 90% of where you want it to be.