PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun ?'s

ssnobrakes
08-23-2012, 08:36 AM
With 3 cars to wash Im thinking about getting a foam gun, but have a few questions......#1 Do they really save time/energy compared to hand washing? #2 Can you use any good shampoo/soap in them? #3 Are they sturdy and easy to use? #4 What is the right way to use them (rinse car, foam entire car/wheels, agitate with sponge/mitt then rinse off? #5 Any recommendations on which one to get (or are they all the same with a different label on the soap jar? #6 Any other advice, suggestions, or comments?........Thanks in advance.

Grifftech
08-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Are you connecting to just a hose or a pressure washer?

I initially bought the one for the hose before I got a pressure washer and wasn't that impressed with it. Once I went with a pressure washer and got the MTM Hydro I was very impressed, huge improvement.

I use Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam with a bit of Chemical Guys Glossworkz Hi-Foam Gloss Booster & pH Neutral Auto Wash added into the MTM Hydro.

I usually apply my first application of foam on the car dry that way it sticks a lot better and I let it dwell for at least 5 mins. I will then use the pressure washer to then hose the car down to rinse off any particulate and debris the first foam lifted off the car.

I then foam the car again and at this point I use the 2 bucket wash method with the foam on the car and then rinse down and use the Master Blaster to dry the car.

MikeyC
08-23-2012, 08:58 AM
I too originally bought a foam gun (hooks to your garden hose) and wasn't too impressed. I returned it and bought a foam cannon (for pressure washers) instead.

The big difference is that the foam created by the pressure washer is much thicker and dwells much longer. I tend to give the car a good rinse to remove and loose particulate then I foam one side, wash using a sheepskin mitt and rinse bucket that has a grit guard, rinse, and repeat on the other side.

For soap, I put two ounces of either Poorboy's SS&S or Optimum Car wash in the 32 oz soap container on my foam cannon and fill the rest with warm water. Some soaps don't mix too well so make sure the soap goes into solution before attaching the soap container to the foam cannon.

I've been doing it this way for years without issue and it's much faster than a traditional bucket wash.

darkangelism
08-23-2012, 09:15 AM
I don't have a problem with the one I have connected to a hose, a foam cannon is better, but the normal foam gun is still better than nothing.

1. Yes it is faster, maybe half the time.
2. I use chemicalguys glossworkz and zymol wash and both foam well.
3. depends on which one you get.
4.Yes that is how I do mine.

I alternate between foam gun and 2 bucket wash.

ssnobrakes
08-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the replies........I think I will hold off on the foam gun for now.........

Flash Gordon
08-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the replies........I think I will hold off on the foam gun for now.........

Hold off on it forever ;)

truckbutt
08-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Are you connecting to just a hose or a pressure washer?

I initially bought the one for the hose before I got a pressure washer and wasn't that impressed with it. Once I went with a pressure washer and got the MTM Hydro I was very impressed, huge improvement.

I use Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam with a bit of Chemical Guys Glossworkz Hi-Foam Gloss Booster & pH Neutral Auto Wash added into the MTM Hydro.

I usually apply my first application of foam on the car dry that way it sticks a lot better and I let it dwell for at least 5 mins. I will then use the pressure washer to then hose the car down to rinse off any particulate and debris the first foam lifted off the car.

I then foam the car again and at this point I use the 2 bucket wash method with the foam on the car and then rinse down and use the Master Blaster to dry the car.

:iagree:+1