PDA

View Full Version : What to get next, when having the following

GMmuscle86
08-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Products. Hello everyone, I been a long time reader of this forum and other detail forums, but this is one of my few posts. Reason being is I like to take advantage of the discount currently available through Autogeek, but not sure really what to get. Just stock up on stuff I already have and like, or is there some different products out there that you think I should add to what I already have? Now this doesn't have everything, but most of the major items I have. I know some people might say I should get CG Blacklight/V7, but with some of the products I have below I don't know if that be really worth it. I was also thinking about CG EZ-Creme Glaze. I feel like once I have gotten my cars pretty much swirl free, I don't use the polishing products after very often as I maintain the finish properly afterwords. This doesn't mean I would shy away from those type of products as neighbors ask me every once and awhile to detail their car for them. I'm pretty comfortable with the tools I have and the microfiber towels I have. I'm open to suggestions, but leaning towards products that can reinforce what I have or build on top of, or even fill in some of the gaps that I may have. I figured I list most of my products this way it be easier to maybe make some suggestions, thanks in advance!

Car Shampoo/Wheel and body cleaner

Dodo Juice Born to Be Mild
Griots Garage Car Wash
DP Xtreme Foam Forumla
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Red
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine (Used during winter only)
P21s Wheel Cleaner
P21s Total Auto Wash
Griots Rubber Cleaner
IronX

Clay

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay
Griots Garage Wheel Cleaning Clay,Glass, and Body
Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay Bar

Quick Detailers

Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz
Griots Garage Speed Shine Detailer
Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer (yes I know more for protection and I love the way this stuff makes the paint pop!)
Meguiars Mist and Wipe
Duragloss Aquawax

Polishers

Menzerna Power Gloss Compound
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Menzerna Power Finish
Menzerna Micro Polish II
Menzerna Micro Polish 106FF

Cleaners/Light swirl removal

Menzerna Finishing Glaze
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer
3M Imperial Hand Glaze
Klasse AIO
CG Waterspot Remover

Wax/Sealant

Wolfgang Fuzion
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845
Pinnacle XMT 180 High Gloss Carnauba Paste Wax
Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal (Used on the clear bra, was debating about trying CG product for clear bras)
Wheel Wax
CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection

Interior

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner
Aerospace 303
Meguiars Mirror Glaze #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner / Conditioner
Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
Groits Interior Cleaner

Glass

Meguiars D120 Glass Cleaner
Diamondite Shield

Tires

DP Detailer's Gloss Tire Gel
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

Other Misc Stuff

3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover
TarX
Griots Under Carage
Flitz Polish
Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish
Black Wow

drbobbybones
08-22-2012, 10:27 PM
I LOVE EZ-Creme Glaze, Blacklight, and V7. That particular combo is about as good as it gets for black cars for me. I put Fuzion in between Blacklight and V7 and I think it's a winner.

What's nice about EZ-Creme is that it can be used almost as a cleansing lotion after polishing (instead of IPA/Eraser/Top Inspection) wipedowns. Todd Cooperider does this and I stole the idea from him.

GMmuscle86
08-23-2012, 06:26 AM
I LOVE EZ-Creme Glaze, Blacklight, and V7. That particular combo is about as good as it gets for black cars for me. I put Fuzion in between Blacklight and V7 and I think it's a winner.

What's nice about EZ-Creme is that it can be used almost as a cleansing lotion after polishing (instead of IPA/Eraser/Top Inspection) wipedowns. Todd Cooperider does this and I stole the idea from him.

Would I be able to put a sealant on top of the blacklight or more specifically the Wolfgang sealant I mentioned above? I usually follow the sealant follwed by a wax. Is blacklight or Ez-Creme picky on what you put on afterwords? Can you tell a difference between the EZ- Creme and blacklight or they pretty much the same product?

BobbyG
08-23-2012, 06:31 AM
You have a well diverse collection of quality detailing products and unless you're opening a retail outlet you should start using them! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Otherwise you'll end up like the rest of us with 12 lifetimes of product! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike Phillips
08-23-2012, 06:49 AM
That's a very wide variety of products you've listed and with those products in your arsenal there's not much you couldn't tackle.

Be sure to add some buffing pads too, you can never have too many pads. I didn't see you list which type of polishers you have and use but I'm a big fan of flexible backing plates for use with rotary buffers.

The new 5" Hybrid pads for the Flex 3401 area really nice but you also need the Lake Country Adapter Plate system to use them.

And the 5.5" foam pads for use with DA Polishers are really nice, any of them...

Waterless or Rinseless washing is the trend and it's not going away so maybe stock up on your favorite product for this type of detailing.

The Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light is a super handy tool, if you don't have one get one.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1315/1969CamaroIndyPC103.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1315/1969CamaroIndyPC104.jpg
1969 Camaro Pace Car - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Michelle (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-autogeek-s-car-week/43165-1969-camaro-pace-car-show-car-makeover-modeled-michelle.html)

:xyxthumbs:

GMmuscle86
08-23-2012, 08:48 PM
You have a well diverse collection of quality detailing products and unless you're opening a retail outlet you should start using them! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Otherwise you'll end up like the rest of us with 12 lifetimes of product! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:iagree:

That's a very wide variety of products you've listed and with those products in your arsenal there's not much you couldn't tackle.

Be sure to add some buffing pads too, you can never have too many pads. I didn't see you list which type of polishers you have and use but I'm a big fan of flexible backing plates for use with rotary buffers.

The new 5" Hybrid pads for the Flex 3401 area really nice but you also need the Lake Country Adapter Plate system to use them.

And the 5.5" foam pads for use with DA Polishers are really nice, any of them...

Waterless or Rinseless washing is the trend and it's not going away so maybe stock up on your favorite product for this type of detailing.

The Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light is a super handy tool, if you don't have one get one.

:xyxthumbs:

Thanks Mike! I was actually looking at the Brinkmann light. I got quiet a few 5.5 as I have a Porter Cable 7424. I would love to get my hands on a polisher, but I would want to take a class first on using it. I wish I could attend one of your classes, but they're not close with me being from the Chicagoland area. Do you have any tips for the 4 inch buffing pads? I take the counterweight off, but then it makes the polisher really vibrate. Is their a counterweight out there for the smaller backing plates that I'm missing?

drbobbybones
08-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Would I be able to put a sealant on top of the blacklight or more specifically the Wolfgang sealant I mentioned above? I usually follow the sealant follwed by a wax. Is blacklight or Ez-Creme picky on what you put on afterwords? Can you tell a difference between the EZ- Creme and blacklight or they pretty much the same product?

You can put the Wolfgang over either the EZ Creme or the Blacklight. I wouldn't do too much over that though because I think at some point, you get a bit of diminishing returns on your product.

BL and EZ are definitely two different products. EZ has very little durability, and BL is a bit better (but still no KSG). EZ cleans the paint better. Blacklight loves to be topped with sealant--V7 is it's natural partner. Jetseal 109 also is a good one, although some don't love it here.